Who wants incredible parts?

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am sick of the Ford/Chevy/Honda/Nissan ect guys having all the best parts. I’m sick of being in need of aftermarket support and finding nothing. I am frustrated at this Viper tax. I’m done dealing with over priced parts....and subpar customer service.

Who else is with me….send me a PM or post here.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't really agree - I've had nothing but good experiences with sponsors of the VCA, and I plan on buying a lot more stuff once my ACR comes in. Also, while more expensive than your typical car, one of the things I really like about the Viper is it is simple and a LOT less expensive to build and maintain than just about any other supercar out there.

ctsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if your not happy sell your car. its part of the breed i own a car and a truck and nothing is cheap for them this my be my first post on here. but i think my point is made and go buy a
350z,stang camaro,and look like every one else just remember when you need a piece of ass for the night the girl gonna go to the guy with the badesst whip the viper :crazy2:

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lmaoooooo ^

you just got an award for the funniest response this week. you cna probably get an 03 vert for like $37k.

I dont know if its the area i live in, but i get a lot more ass in my CLS 63 then the viper. girls for some reason now a days love luxury cars.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your not happy sell your car. its part of the breed i own a car and a truck and nothing is cheap for them this my be my first post on here. but i think my point is made and go buy a 350z,stang camaro,and look like every one else just remember when you need a piece of ass for the night the girl gonna go to the guy with the badesst whip the viper :crazy2:
FAIL!
:hit:

Learn some punctuation and grammar first and try again. And don't tell someone to sell their Viper when you don't even have one yourself.
:newbie:

Disturbed, I'm interested in your project. PM sent.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do wish that there was more vendors out there. The more vendors the more competition is and the more competitive the prices are, good for us all. Also I wish there were more selection of parts, a few SC kits, not just the one for the SRT, more heads, more intakes, more headers, etc. I guess I am spoiled by the options I have owning a 1995 camaro with a LS2 Engine. There is so many parts its hard to choose between all of them. Then there is always a bunch of tests run between the diferent products so you force the vendors to make better products if they want the product to sell. Hmm, I could only wish.

I too am with you Disturbed. I have actually wondered this since day one, although I do think the few vendors we have they do give good customer support. They just need more stuff to sell.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can never have enough Viper accesories or parts. But all those rice burners have so many options because they are so mass produced that companies in China will make cheap parts to sell in autozones and pepboys. Its not that they have the "best parts" just that they have the most. I would say that the parts that are made for the Viper are far better because they are made just for the Viper not for 5 or 6 cars to be somewhat interchangable. I do wish there were more options though..... you can never have enough when it comes to Vipers.:D

3SXVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is a great idea in theory, but you also have to look at it from a TRUE vendor perspective.

I have a shop that has been around for 10 years that has primarily specialized in parts and service for the Mitsubishi 3000/ Dodge Stealth- a small specialized market. We have several buildings, design and produce innovative parts, have payroll staff, stock over $500K worth of inventory, answer tech calls(many who didn't buy from us), sponsor many club events and gatherings, and have high monthly bills.

Our competition generally copies the products we design and develop, drop ship products, run the business out of their house behind a make believe web site, don't take phone calls,do nothing to advance the platform, and carry very little products.

Yes they are able to sell their products way less expensively than us, but they don't offer anything for the platform. Also, sometimes being low priced isn't always the best thing. As my old boss man said- the cheapest ***** doesn't always get all the business! (there may be a reason not to visit them :omg:)

I don't think this post is really fair to the vendors on this forum who have worked hard to promote the platform. Everyone knows there isn't a ton of Vipers out there for them to get economies of scale making parts so their pricing will be higher than making something for 500 million Mustangs.

Hope I didn't ramble too much, but I see it all the time in the 3S market. Maybe one day I'll enter this market and enjoy some more fun :)

Steve

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ironically, prices would probably be lower, and we'd have more part options, if we had fewer vendors. There just aren't enough Vipers out there to support a big ecosystem. Every time a new vendor comes onto the scene, it makes it harder for the established and trusted vendors to benefit from the economies of scale - and pass those on to us. Also, as Steve noted, there is a big disincentive to innovate if you put all the up-front R&D into new product just to have a competitor copy it and sell it for less (since they don't need to recoup the development expense).

If we really want to advance the state of the aftermarket Viper parts situation, we should focus on helping the trusted and established vendors succeed. I don't know a lot of those guys personally (like shooting the $hit in person and throwing back a bunch of beers) but from what I know through this site, I trust that they'd do right by the Viper community's efforts to make them more successful. Oh, and if any vendor rubs you the wrong way on a certain day, keep in mind that we're all just human and try to imagine the amount of personal presure these guys are under - making payroll, maintaining an inventory, dealing with being undercut by competitors who haven't really invested much, difficult or impossible credit market, looking at an economy that is shaky at best, etc. Let the personality quirks slide, don't take things personally, and focus on the end results.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am sick of the Ford/Chevy/Honda/Nissan ect guys having all the best parts. I’m sick of being in need of aftermarket support and finding nothing. I am frustrated at this Viper tax. I’m done dealing with over priced parts....and subpar customer service. Who else is with me….send me a PM or post here.

Your question led me to think you were a VENDOR! Please, specifically, what kinds of Ford-Chev-Honda etc parts do you WISH you could get for your Viper that have left you so frustrated? Or what did you find that was Over-priced?

In 17 years only 26000 Viper have been built, and maybe 20% modified....so the DEMAND IS NIL vs Ford/Chevy/Honda/Nissan. That many vettes get built in 10 mos!

THANK you for a specific reply....

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you keep finding overpriced, go on eBay. I have been buying parts there for years and save a ton. I first check with vendors and if they are higher then I just go on eBay. Bought Brake pads, clutches, tires, wheels, floor mats, and plently of other things there and been happy everytime.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess I am scratching my head and wondering what parts, beyond a couple of additional blower kits, could anyone want? I mean Dodge just got it very right the first time.

Most Mustangs, Cameros, Vettes, and the Ricers want body kits and gawdy looking stuff slapped on. None of that belongs on a Viper. I struggle with anyone even adding aftermarket wheels. I grew up with many Mustangs (still own a few) and unless stock looking, you don't touch them with a lot of that after market stuff.

As far as the cost of parts, that is life with a limited production car. Parts are built off of either low volume high dollar or high volume and low dollar scenerios. I don't like some of the costs for Viper parts either, but all things considered, they seem to be pretty fair. After life with Saleen Mustangs, just thank your lucky stars you can get parts. Seriously thank them!

In the end, the Viper is not a kiddy car. Mustangs, Cameros, etc. are great starter cars and bang for the buck, but someday you just want more. Unfortunately if you want to play with the big boys, it costs money. For the performance, it is not too bad, though you obviously have something in specific that happened to you that cost money.

I am guess you mean best parts as in greatest selection because I can tell you that a lot of the parts for Mustangs/Cameros and the Ricers are complete junk. Been there and done that! Barely last through shipping let alone getting put on the vehicle.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a lot of right answers here:
- EXTREMELY limited initial market.
- Comes from the factory much more badass than 95% of the vehicles out there.
- What is available is priced pretty competitively between RESPECTED vendors.

Common sense dictates that....aw, crap.
Sorry.
Forgot I was online.
:)

Psssst.....there's no 'e' in 'Camaro'.