Whos happy?

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ive been doing alot of reading through new/old posts on here and it seems as if alot of Viper owners, while happy with their cars, are always thinking about what Viper they want to buy next. It seems that noone wants to dump their Viper for a Cobra or a Vette (those are the cars we come from). :D

Anyway my question is: What is your ultimate Viper, the one you have or a different model, color, or possibly a newer/less miles car?

I own a perfect 2000 steel grey GTS and while Im happy with the car, I would jump at the chance to own a 1999 silver/blue stripe GTS.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This doesn't directly answer your question, but I'd trade my current Viper any day of the week for a Ford GT (I'm just too cheap to go out and do it.) It's still American, in fact it is the ultimate American sports car, IMHO. It's a true exotic but not uppity like a Lambo or Ferrari with much better bang for the buck to boot.

DrDJ

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im very happy with my Red 94 RT/10 But what be best is to ALSO have 2nd GEN RED or YELLOW GTS! In my garage.
:D

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This doesn't directly answer your question, but I'd trade my current Viper any day of the week for a Ford GT (I'm just too cheap to go out and do it.) It's still American, in fact it is the ultimate American sports car, IMHO. It's a true exotic but not uppity like a Lambo or Ferrari with much better bang for the buck to boot.

DrDJ

I agree about the GT, it really is the only true American exotic. But I love the Lambo's as well, they are so unique looking.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm perfectly happy with my GTS. I don't care for the Ford GT because I've ridden in one and I didn't like having to tilt my head at a 90 degree angle so I wouldn't chop my head off whe the door shuts. It didn't have the grunt as a Viper and it was too quiet. I thought Italian exotics were the greatest things on Earth until I got a Viper and now I don't even look at them.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my first viper ('06 blue w/ silver stripes coupe) and love it. Honestly don't want another viper more than my own.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I buy American sports cars-

To be honest, other than my (now sold) 69 vette vert, I have never seen a more killer looking car, and I was VERY specific what I wanted,.. silver, red interior. That I got the last Mamba was plain luck, and timing. I never get tired off driving it and looking at it, had to change the wheels though- the stocker 10 spokes were too "European" for me :)

So, 2 years into ownership I am as happy as day 1- try an SRT8 if you get bored with your family ride.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ultimate Viper is the CC. You posers can putz around in your race-unproven Lambos and FGTs all day long but you're missing the real fun a car can give you by not tracking them. And for that reason Lambos and FGTs as great as they are, still fall short.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive been doing alot of reading through new/old posts on here and it seems as if alot of Viper owners, while happy with their cars, are always thinking about what Viper they want to buy next. It seems that noone wants to dump their Viper for a Cobra or a Vette (those are the cars we come from). :D
Anyway my question is: What is your ultimate Viper, the one you have or a different model, color, or possibly a newer/less miles car?
I own a perfect 2000 steel grey GTS and while Im happy with the car, I would jump at the chance to own a 1999 silver/blue stripe GTS.

We are extremely happy with our Black Vert SRT-10...guess most people just think 'more HP' when they want to exchange their Vipers for another? Just my opinion. We have been tinkering with getting an '08, but REALLY love our Viper, so probably won't be worth it to us. Black would've been our choice, and it was the only vert available at the time, so, yes, you can say we're honored and privileged to own our Viper!!!! (We cannot rule out the GT however!!!! IF circumstances presented themselves just right, I'm sure we'd trade (*gasp*) the Viper FOR a GT (they don't call them GT40's any longer). Good point to ponder.....interesting to read others' opinions as well--thanx for bringing this up!
~juli~

OP
OP
D

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
try an SRT8 if you get bored with your family ride.

My daily driver is an 06 Lincoln LS V8 sport. The car is awesome, I really enjoy it. In a couple years I might look at replacing it with an SRT. The Viper is my first Dodge, Ive always owned Chevys and Fords, but the Viper has opened up more possibilities for my next daily car.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I joke about selling mine all the time but to tell you the truth, I could never volentarily do it for the simple reason of, I LOVE IT and also the fact that there is so much history behind it for me personally. I have such a connection to the car, I know that if I sold it, I would regret it the next day. Plus my girlfriend would kill me. She loves it too! I see it in my stable for many years to come. I just have to save harder to add to the stable. :)

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently sold Viper #6 and I owned something else in-between each of them...always came back to the Vipers! But now I am in the same situation again and if I follow suit, I will buy a non-Viper exotic before I get Viper #7 albeit I have not decided what to get yet...lots of choices. As the old saying goes, "You only live once."

V

Venomiss

Happy, happy, joy, joy. Love what we have. Doug Levin makes our family smile:) .

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I waited several months to find my dream viper and i got it. :) 1999 silver/blue just like you asked for :)

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I absolutely love my 96 B/W Venom 550!! I love the mean stance and engine growl!! I also love the Ford GT and can't wait to get one. I would seriously consider a Ford GT 700 or GT TT from Hennessey. :headbang:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a difficult question as I have never seen a Viper color that didn't look good. But I think I would sell my Sapphire coupe in a minute for a 99 ACR Silver and Blue stripe car. I still can't believe I drive a Viper as I have always owned Fords and dreamed about Shelby's,Cobras and Mustangs since I can remember.But everytime I look out over that hood I imagine it is a very similar experience to driving a Cobra in the 60's.I'll second the American sports car statement while there are many gorgeous foreign exotics there is a BadA55 factor with great American cars that isn't present with others:usa2:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mccarlin, man that *****!!! your car is it !:hail: I was busy pecking in my reply while you posted,thats just plain rubbing our faces in it.If I had to do it over I would sacrifice a body part to find a low mileage clean ACR like yours.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT/10 is a great all round Viper for me. I'd love the new 600hp when the prices start coming down but, if I had the garage space I'd have the 2000 steel gray GTS again for weekends.

To me it's possibly the best looking car ever built. IMO
I'd even get little old ladies stopping to tell me how beautiful the car was. They didn't even know what it was, they just new it looked fantastic. The color really showed the curves.

I'm getting misty now.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mccarlin, man that *****!!! your car is it !:hail: I was busy pecking in my reply while you posted,thats just plain rubbing our faces in it.If I had to do it over I would sacrifice a body part to find a low mileage clean ACR like yours.

I was quite lucky to find my dream viper and one with 8K original miles too, they are out there you guys just have to search and wait
:drive:
To me 1999 is the best year of the viper. Forged motor, 18" wheels, first year of the ACR, Power side mirrors, adjustable pedals, ect...

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, for me, I love and will keep my 2002 ACR in Graphite until I'm dead, so to fill out my Viper wish list, it's a 98 GT2, then a 99 ACR (in Black, with or without stripes), then a 2000 ACR in Black (with or without stripes), then a 01 ACR in Sapphire Blue (with or without the stripes).....and to top it all off....maybe one of those 20 Snakeskin Vipers from 06 and that one I'd likely go all out with at least 1500 hp. Yep, just gotta finish paying off the current one til I buy the next one!

Regards,
Aaron

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My dream Viper was a silver (sorry no stripes for me) 99 GTS with some basic mods (lowered, 3.55's, short throw etc) Took me 6 months to find it. Then I bought it.

So I'm very happy

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The '98 GT2 is my favorite, add the ACR suspension, stop tech brakes and add HP. Maybe one day? 2nd best silver/blue '99 ACR. Newer favorite, '05 yellow vert w/black wheels, maybe if we keep 3? But, probably never sell '94 red/tan and our '06 coupe is the best. Miss our '99 red ACR but '06 red/silver coupe is great!

OP
OP
D

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was quite lucky to find my dream viper and one with 8K original miles too, they are out there you guys just have to search and wait
:drive:
To me 1999 is the best year of the viper. Forged motor, 18" wheels, first year of the ACR, Power side mirrors, adjustable pedals, ect...

OK, Im waiting. And while Im waiting Im enjoying my steel GTS. 2 years from now someones going to be selling their silver/blue 99 for an 08 coupe........

It does seem as if everyone is happy with what they have, most would just like to add to their garage-not replace what they have.............

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite Vipers of all time time are the White VOI9 Coupes. Every time I see one I get the urge to try and find one that someone is selling. In fact I have my eye on one now but I think I can wait a little longer. I think I can I think I can.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ultimate Viper is the CC. You posers can putz around in your race-unproven Lambos and FGTs all day long but you're missing the real fun a car can give you by not tracking them. And for that reason Lambos and FGTs as great as they are, still fall short.

That's sorta why the SRT's fall short too... although Naykid had some pretty good runs in em. Can we all chant together.... BRING ON LeMANS!!!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm like everyone else. I wouldnt mind ADDING a VOI 9 coupe, GT2, a b/w RT/10, 92' RT/10, bumblee GTS, 02' GTS FE, a black silver SRT-C, and probably a couple more, but I'm keeping the McViper!