who's the best Viper dealer in SF Bay?

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: who\'s the best Viper dealer in SF Bay?

Neurot:

I also work in downtown San Jose. I've never had to take the Viper in for service over the past year, but will have my Viper serviced by a well respected Viper Tech in San Ramon when the time comes. The Dodge Dealership on Capitol Expressway is one of the largest in the nation and they are supposedly a viable source for Viper service (based on past posts on this board).

Lots of other San Jose guys on this board that can hopefully chime in.

ParB

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hi,

i am also looking for a respectable viper tech for warranty work in the SF bay area. I like Ted May, from Valaya Racing, but he cant do warranty work. I have used Stevens Creek Dodge, but i don't really care for them (i have had some less than
great experiences with their service department).

I'm also in Mountain View.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Valaya Racing is great, no doubt. All good guys, and very good with maintanence as well as modifications.
If you need warranty work done, give Stevens Creek Dodge a shot. Ben is a good Viper tech, and make sure you use Dave as Service Advisor.

Jon 98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"The Dodge Dealership on Capitol Expressway is one of the largest in the nation and they are supposedly a viable source for Viper service (based on past posts on this board)."

Huh? You're kidding, right?

Capitol Dodge/Hartzeim Dodge is the dealership on Capitol Expwy and I've NEVER seen anyone post a positive comment about them.

Granted, most of the scuds directed towards them have been about the sales dep't & front office but their service dep't has taken a few well-deserved hits as well.

Bottom line: They ain't anybody's first choice...

OP
OP
S

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jon98GTS:

I may have been thinking of Stevens Creek Dodge, the post was quite a while back. My knowledge of San Jose extends to working in downtown, catching Sharks games, and then heading straight home. Thus, I know most cities in Italy better than San Jose.

Consensus Says 'scratch' Capitol Dodge from the list!

ParB

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hi,

i should probably qualify my response. I have had no bad experiences with the tech's at Stevens Creek Dodge. It's the service advisorts that i am less enthusiastic about. I have only once had work done on my viper within within the promised time, and the advisors have yet to call me and let me know that there will be a delay.

-Par

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dave Winningham(sp?) Service Advisor at Stevens Creek has been very responsive - returns calls quickly, calls when there is a delay, calls when the car is ready, has paperwork ready. Better service than I ever got at Regal or Capitol. I have not had my Viper there for some time, but they recently did work on the Durango, and were very good about it. Got a loaner (at no charge) also.
Just don't try to buy a car or truck from them. The sales force has never been very pleasant to deal with, at least in my dealings.
Just my $.02, and worth almost every penny of it.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Try Redwood City Dodge. My 96 RT was purchased there, and I spoke to the guy at the Body shop (of course now I forget his name) about some work I was having done elsewhere and he was Chuck Tator like! Very generous with his time, was willing to give his opinions over the phone, and gave me suggestions on how to work out the problem with the shop I was using, and if all else failed he was more than willing to try to help me...I was having a stripe problem, and on the 96s, its a real PITA...The stripes are actually decals...

He indicated they work on alot of vipers. If their body shop is that busy, stands to reason their service dept might be too. Anyone have any direct experience with them on service?

Scott, do you have a respectable Viper Tech in San Ramon? I have had some service at Dublin Dodge, and the tech there seems OK, real nice guy, but the Service Managers seem to have the juice when there is anything questionable, and they, well, stunk.....

Tomer

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jason,
Give Ted May a call. He's an excellent Viper Tech.

Ted May
Valaya Racing
1854 Almaden Rd
San Jose, CA 95125
408-448-8811

BTW, glad to see you decided to bring the Viper.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Excellent, that is what I had guessed would happen based on my treatment by their body shop!!

Do let us know how it works out.

Tomer

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you want the red carpet rolled out for you, and you want guys that will treat your car BETTER than you do, I have to suggest the Petaluma Dodge Dealership.

They were awesome. I just really don't want to drive that far.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dublin Dodge--

My results have been on the poor side with these guys--but I think they might have a new tech. The service writer last week was definitely new.

"My front shock rebound adjustment won't turn at all on both sides".

[NEXT DAY]

"Sir your shocks seem to adjust just fine."

[GET HOME]

"URRRRRRRGGGGGHHH. They don't turn! Dang you viper tech!"

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Todd, thats similar to my experience with Dublin Dodge. My summary is that I think the Tech is pretty good (I spoke directly to him for a while) but the service writers were poor.

Your case seems pretty straight forward. I would suggest you have your car put up on the lift and go talk to the Tech (name was John last time I was there).

Tomer

Reaction score

Stevens Creek Dodge has been providing great service for many years to Viper owners. And our club has a good relationship with the management.

408 248-1800
Ask for Dave, Malinda, or Mark in service.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960