Who's Using What To Detail Engine?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who\'s Using What To Detail Engine?

Today is the day. Scattered Showers so I am going to do some overdue detailing. Autopia-http://Autopia.ws/index.php recommend using a citrus based cleaner. They specify 2 products;a) P21S- I think that is a Porsche detailing product. b) Eimann Fabrik detailing product (I think that company supports their website). Neither is available locally. While shopping here's what I found- Greased Lightning/ Orange Blast "Super Strength- Auto and Shop Degreaser, or Fantastic/w Orange Action." I am afraid one's to strong and the other too weak. I will "Have at it" but curious to know what, and where to get it.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who\'s Using What To Detail Engine?

The Greased Lightning was strong. But it is clean now. Spray and rinse. Next time I will use the Fantastic instead. I had never cleaned the engine compartment so it needed some work. A new car- Soap and water would be my choice as well.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeff:

Why do you say that the Greased Lihtning was too strong? Where did
you get it? How did you use it/apply it? All over the engine and other internals as well or just the engine..........etc

This is something I've never done and am going to attempt as well.

Dan Aseere

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I use Simple Green. Spray it on and rinse off with moderate hose pressure, comes out great.