Why Are Most of The 2008 Viper's For Sale Almost All Venom Red?

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a stupid proposition to order an 08 and think about making big money...they should have just tried to sell 20 calibers and make a grand a piece, instead of 20K on one car. I say sell in volume...unless you are in the business to sell Vipers like Woodhouse. If you have no selection and you don't keep the car away from the public (showroom scratches), your buying public will be limited.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a stupid proposition to order an 08 and think about making big money...they should have just tried to sell 20 calibers and make a grand a piece, instead of 20K on one car. I say sell in volume...unless you are in the business to sell Vipers like Woodhouse. If you have no selection and you don't keep the car away from the public (showroom scratches), your buying public will be limited.

Exactly. My local dealer got a VR one in and the showroom can literarly only hold about 5-6 cars. They put the car in the middle and the amount of scratches on the car from passers by was crazy.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the problem is with Venom Red. It's winter in some parts of this country, the economy is not in the best position, and all toys are a hard sell now. I am sure that those dealers didn't plan on sitting on these cars. Everyone has their own taste, you might like saphire, others may feel it looks like crap.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the problem is with Venom Red. It's winter in some parts of this country, the economy is not in the best position, and all toys are a hard sell now. I am sure that those dealers didn't plan on sitting on these cars. Everyone has their own taste, you might like saphire, others may feel it looks like crap.

You are also right...Dodge should have got the car out sooner...Not in the middle of winter.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like all color Vipers, even Chads, the only reason I got yellow was it was the fastest color.

I am glad you said that.."yellow...was the fastest color", please introduce yourself to the newest and fastest color. Please familiarize yourself with this view, as this is what the SSG looks like from behind, in doing so you will be more quickly able to identify the proper color....:drive::lmao:

attachment.php

Last edited:

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd bet that most '08's sitting in dealer showrooms are being offered at significantly "over MSRP" prices.

I think if you do some checking you will find most 08 vipers sitting on showroom floors have nice (Discounts) on them. Checked ebay and a couple of other online sites and that seems to be the case.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<I finally saw one in person and I will say the color is not as impressive as I thought it would (mostly because I thought it was going to be like the Dark Red Raffle Car) but it is still a nice color. >>

The dark red raffle car IS Venom Red (with champagne stripes)!

http://forums.viperclub.org/vca-mem...ffle-announcement-first-public-2008-viper.htm

Haven't seen a Venom Red in person yet, but it sure looks good in the pictures so far:

http://images2.auction123.com/sizeq...8fd8c0c/1B3JZ69Z48V200281/13.jpg?webimage001l

There is some confusion. Was referring to the 2004? SRT convertible Raffle car. Are they the same color? I especially like the section where there ghost flames are.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you do some checking you will find most 08 vipers sitting on showroom floors have nice (Discounts) on them. Checked ebay and a couple of other online sites and that seems to be the case.
I haven't checked, so it's good I didn't lay down any cash!

I do know that you can't order one any more. I would have thought that they'd sell out.

V

Venomiss

DSC016371.JPG

There is another photo that shows the color of the stripes a bit better but I can't find it.
Venom Red is beautiful-to each his own.:)

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I hope to check out the venom red in person at the Chicago auto show tomorrow. I also will have a small test panel for the kandy red that I am going to paint my street serpent for some comparison.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a Venom Red. I already have a blue and don't care for green so there wasn't much choice for an early car. On a cloudy day it looks dull. When it's clean and the day is sunny it looks pretty good, not great. I love Blue/ White, Graphite/Silver, Copperhead and White/Blue. I understand the people that think yellow or bumblebee is the only color to have. I don't think VR will go down as a classic color. It doesn't draw attention, which for me is a good thing.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
So here is my 2 cents after seeing the Venom Red in person today at the Chicago auto show. It is a VERY nice color and it looks very classy. The Venom red in my opinion has a cinnamon or persimmon tint to it. I would imagine that in the sun - the color really stands out, while in off light conditions it might be more non-descript.

BTW - after seeing the ACR in person today, I am really peeved that I did not win the raffle! It just SCREAMS race car!

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So here is my 2 cents after seeing the Venom Red in person today at the Chicago auto show. It is a VERY nice color and it looks very classy. The Venom red in my opinion has a cinnamon or persimmon tint to it. I would imagine that in the sun - the color really stands out, while in off light conditions it might be more non-descript.

BTW - after seeing the ACR in person today, I am really peeved that I did not win the raffle! It just SCREAMS race car!

I have yet to see the ACR in person but I could only imagine how much of a race car that must look like in the flesh. I am very eager to see one in person.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I have yet to see the ACR in person but I could only imagine how much of a race car that must look like in the flesh. I am very eager to see one in person.

SWEEEEET! Pic of me with my son who is sporting his State Champion Swimmer hair cut! Thank you Dodge for the pic!

29065.jpg

I'll upload pics I took of the Venom Red when I get home.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First coler offered and ordered by dealers on speculation.

COLOR - PERSONAL
CHOICE, HOW HARD
IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND ?

You will see many other color's being offered at a great
discount due to the state of the economy, NOT JUST VR.

All this in JMHO of course.:D:eater::bdh:

V

Venomiss

SWEEEEET! Pic of me with my son who is sporting his State Champion Swimmer hair cut! Thank you Dodge for the pic!

29065.jpg

I'll upload pics I took of the Venom Red when I get home.

Great picture and looking forward to your other ones!
Lot's of people at the show?

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<I'll upload pics I took of the Venom Red when I get home.Great picture and looking forward to your other ones>>

Ditto-

Can't wait to see some more Venom Red....did it have stripes?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Venom Red Coupe - no stripes, GTS Blue Vert - no stripes, and the ACR - which in my totally unbiased opinion - was the hit of the show. It was the last day for the auto show and there was a pretty good size crowd. Lots and lots of traffic around the Vipers - as they were in close proximity to the Challenger which was prominently displayed and they were giving away some nice posters. Really a pretty good crowd in all of the Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep area.

Nissan GTR was pretty impressive, but not my cup of tea. It looked edgy and big and more like a family car than a performance car. I got a great picture of myself with the ZR1 and finally found a good use for the see thru hood portion - I'll have to start a fun post in one of the other areas:rolaugh:. Overall the ZR1 was pretty UN-impressive with the exception of the carbon ceramic brakes - which looked ginomorous. The wheels and splitters looked like crap - but the naked frame with engine standing on end was pretty impressive looking. And for Chuck - I hate to say it - but the talent at the show wasnt that impressive either.

<<I'll upload pics I took of the Venom Red when I get home.Great picture and looking forward to your other ones>>

Ditto-

Can't wait to see some more Venom Red....did it have stripes?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
So heres two pics that I took at the Chicago Auto show. Interestingly enough, in my opinion the color in my pictures is very different than in other pics which goes to show how different this color looks based on the light conditions. From my perspective, it did have a cinnamon or persimmon tint to it.

Venomred1.JPG

venomred3.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte