Why can't the valve affected VIN #'s be listed on the web page?

Herman Buehrle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can\'t the valve affected VIN #\'s be listed on the web page?

They aren't secret, or are they? I called the appropriate 800 number yesterday, used the right option #, and the lady didn't know what I was talking about. I was put on hold for 10 minutes, and then she came back on and told me that my Viper wasn't in the affected VIN's. They sure aren't confidence inspiring, with their lack of knowledge.

Just my observation.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Why can\'t the valve affected VIN #\'s be listed on the web page?

So you want to have a "black list" created? Bad enough they delivered us the cars with bad valves, now we should have the cars marked as "defective" over the internet - get real! Most people I tell have no idea of the valve problem and this includes a lot of VCA members. I will get mine repaired and when the day comes to sell it I will not volunteer the information unless asked. I don't think people normally give a list of all repairs done to their car, when selling, unless asked.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is my understanding that if you are the original "certificate" owner that you WILL get a letter if you haven't already - as well as get contacted by your dealership. (Note to self: THIS is why spending a few extra bucks at a true Viper dealership when you buy your car - Woodhouse, Roanoke, Buhler, etc. - can pay off vs. trying by go for "best price only" from an unknown dealership) If you bought your car without a certificate, then you will definitely want to contact your selling dealership to confirm if your VIN is affected. I don't know that DC has current records on those cars sold outside of the certificate program.

Bottom line: If you car is affected and you were the certificate holder, you should already have been notified. If you bought your SRT without a certificate, contact your selling dealership or DC customer service to check your VIN. Of course, the selling dealership is your best bet, especially if they are a regular Viper dealer. Good luck!

Chris

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hello;

In my opinion, I would like to see a list of the VIN's affected. My Silver #332 was built in December, and delivered in January; I love this Viper!

People are way too worried about the "value depreciation possibility" of having a factory recall replacement of these valves. The SRT's will be be "as new" afterwords, and have full normal warranty,etc. Why all the concern? I would think that those WHO DON'T get the valves replaced would have the de-valued "creampuff's" lacking the full factory engineered power!

I have recieved no notification letter, and Nancy Shanno from Woodhouse kindly researched my VIN and told me my SRT was not affected; HOWEVER, I would still like to see the list of VIN's to further confirm. I would WANT to get my valves replaced to spec!

Just my opinion, but I can't see anything but benefit in seeing the list and getting the valves replaced. Before buying a USED SRT, I sure would CHECK the VIN to make sure that the valves were up to spec or I would not buy.

Relax folks! You will enjoy the extra 25 ponies (estimate) your lacking now, with no loss of value.

I'm goin' for a drive now.

Jim