Why did they unveil it in that hideous color? Should have been VIPER RED!

Kaneda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You get ONE chance to show the world your car for the first time and they choose that old-man's Jewel Red color? WTH? That color is probably the least popular color from old vipers. Again, trying to appeal to the OLDER audience softens the blow. It should have been BRIGHT RED. THe wheels SHOULD HAVE BEEN blacked out. A damn Camaro ZL1 looks more menacing than this. Why SRT, WHY????

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree the color is not the best choice. But if it had been bright red then people would have thought it was a new ferrari.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You get ONE chance to show the world your car for the first time and they choose that old-man's Jewel Red color? WTH? That color is probably the least popular color from old vipers. Again, trying to appeal to the OLDER audience softens the blow. It should have been BRIGHT RED. THe wheels SHOULD HAVE BEEN blacked out. A damn Camaro ZL1 looks more menacing than this. Why SRT, WHY????

You still pissed about the Gen IV price plummeting thread?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OP is an azzclown but he does have a point here. Of all the possible colors they pick the most controversial one.
Imagine if it had been Viper blue (with stripes even!)
WOW.........

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OP is an azzclown but he does have a point here. Of all the possible colors they pick the most controversial one.
WOW.........

Jon is right, GTS blue with white stripes would have stolen the show. The problem is they aren't after us, they are after the people who buy mono-color cars with generic colors.

OP
OP
K

Kaneda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW.........

I always wanted to be a clown. Blue with white stripes would have been killer. This was there chance to create an image that would make people drool and you pick a color that looks like COUGH SYRUP!!! I mean, have they learned nothing from Lambo/Ferrari? Again, they did this to draw in the older, more sophisticated buyer. But why? This is a VIPER not a Buick.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always wanted to be a clown. Blue with white stripes would have been killer. This was there chance to create an image that would make people drool and you pick a color that looks like COUGH SYRUP!!! I mean, have they learned nothing from Lambo/Ferrari? Again, they did this to draw in the older, more sophisticated buyer. But why? This is a VIPER not a Buick.

Why? Because younger folks don't have that kinda disposable cash to put towards something like this. Why cater to a crowd that can't pay the bill?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodges corporate color is RED. Makes sense to me.

Some people just look for something to complain about. Most of these people would not buy the car no matter what....

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think they used the best possible color for the reveal. But then I have to admit I'm biased to metallic red...

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree with Kaneda 100% it should have been Viper red or even blue with white stripes.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have to agree that color is ugly should have been blue with white stripes or red?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
b/w

or even BLACK!

BUT not RED for a preview Viper...

and where's the STRIPES?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are messed up:crazy2:......That color is sweet, almost as cool as VENOM RED.:headbang:........anyway, yellow is a Corvette color.;)

Hold the boat!!! You can insult my momma, you can kick my dog, but calling yellow a vette color....now THAT is just low!!! :nunu:

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that I think the reveal with this color , really tones down the styling to elegant rather than Aggresive. I can't wait to see it in other colors . I love the GTS-R.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obnoxious troll
I couldn't agree more. This guy will just not leave. I bet he is the same troll on CF who goes on nonstop about the Viper as though he were an expert. In truth, he is probably some 12 year old who is needing attention. I bet he is Endeka over there. Too bad he happened to find our website.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember when we first laid eyes on the Gen 4 ACR...red and black with red drivers stripe...talk about shock and awe..
Man that thing was awesomely dramatic and in stunning colors. Viper red!
They didn't bring a solid color to that big reveal.
It seems they wanted to go more dignified here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21