Why did you purchase your ACR?

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was in the position to buy a new ACR right now, I would definitely track it from time to time. I don't have a spare 100k to spend on a track only car, but if you don't EVER track it you can not appreciate how capable and awesome these cars are. Hell, even my old GTS impressed me.

The Ohio VCA has a nice viper play day at BeaveRun. This is a perfect place to try any viper out and drive at your own pace. It's not a race, just a chance to enjoy your car in a safe controlled environment. Throw some tape on the nose to keep chips etc. from occuring.

Or you could attend a Viper Days event, which would be an even better opportunity to learn and enjoy the viper's capabilities.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd set of Sport Cups in the front and 2nd set in the rear. I'm getting 4500 miles out of the fronts and 9000 miles out of the rears. I've driven about 50/50 on the race track. When the cups are gone completely, you know it. As they get more heat cycles on them it takes longer to warm them up where they stick but the last set I ran down to the cords and they still stuck until right at the end, then they just quit. That's when you put the new ones on. I hope this helps.

I turned my best time at Viperdays at Willow Springs on the last lap I ran on the old front tires. I got out and inspected them and the front left was corded. I put on 2 new fronts and the car turned sooo good I had a problem with the older rears sticking :rolaugh:

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received my ACR last night and what a car it is. It was late and the car still had all the plastic wraps in its interior so after I made the car shinny and cleaned up the interior, I didn't get to drive it much but I'll leave my initial driving impression to another thread. But what and why did I get an ACR?
Well, this is my first Viper but I had been Viper bitten since I laid eyes on the concept Viper back in the early 90's but never had a chance to own one. I autocross about once a month and go on track days about two three times a year but plan on doing more often with the ACR)
For one reason or another, I ended up with a '95 Ferrari F355 Spyder (felt in love with the F1 like sound of that V8 w/ Tubi exhaust and the draft free driving experience with the top down), a C5 Z06 (cheaper and used for autox), a '04 Porsche GT3 (more polished, and another autox tool), a '06 Louts Elise turbocharged to 380HP at 1900 lbs (more uncompromising and pure, and another national championship winning autox car - not me winning, jus that model of the car:(), a '04 Ferrari Challenge Stradale (more exotic and soulful driving experience), and a Ford GT (my dream car when I was growing up in the 60's and I had to have). So after so many lost sales opportunities and so many years, Dodge finally made a car that has the combination of polish, power, drivability, liveability, performance and at a price that beat out the Porsche 997 GT3, C6 Z06, and ZR1.

Bruce,

I wasn't able to go to Cars & Coffee, Irvine last weekend, but I plan on going this weekend & hopefully you can bring your ACR. My ACR that I had ordered is finally on a truck today from Connor. I should have it in about 10 days.

Al

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought an ACR because the SRT engineers worked to build the best Viper yet and I couldn't stand waiting on the side lines any longer. I view my purchase as the strongest way to show that I appreciate these efforts. Also I already own a 300C SRT-8 and SRT-4 ACR and love them both. One thing I love about these ACR products is the driver / car connection, you can't get this level of feedback from a Nissan GT-R or Z06.

David
Anxiously awaiting an 09 ACR in graphite - J status currently

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because love has no bounds...we are going to be wed on Friday, Oct 31. It's orange with black stripes so here to the great pumpkin Charlie Brown.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce,

I wasn't able to go to Cars & Coffee, Irvine last weekend, but I plan on going this weekend & hopefully you can bring your ACR. My ACR that I had ordered is finally on a truck today from Connor. I should have it in about 10 days.

Al

Al,
I will bring the ACR Saturday. Mods so far are MGW knob and ride height lowered to a couple mm lowered than smooth track specs. Then the car will be off to the clear bra shop right after Cars and Coffee. Driving the car around w/o clear bra is like having unprotected sex. :nono:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought an ACR because the SRT engineers worked to build the best Viper yet and I couldn't stand waiting on the side lines any longer. I view my purchase as the strongest way to show that I appreciate these efforts. Also I already own a 300C SRT-8 and SRT-4 ACR and love them both. One thing I love about these ACR products is the driver / car connection, you can't get this level of feedback from a Nissan GT-R or Z06.

David
Anxiously awaiting an 09 ACR in graphite - J status currently

Welcome to the forums (with your first post) and the Viper Nation (with the car purchase)! You are going to love it here!:2tu:

You think your other SRT's are fun,......:D

Robert

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Al,
I will bring the ACR Saturday. Mods so far are MGW knob and ride height lowered to a couple mm lowered than smooth track specs. Then the car will be off to the clear bra shop right after Cars and Coffee. Driving the car around w/o clear bra is like having unprotected sex. :nono:

Bruce,

What time do you usually get their to get a decent parking place. I may bring my 07 GT500 Shelby Super Snake.

BY THE WAY, WHEN I RECEIVE MY 08 RED/BLACK ACR IN ABOUT 10 DAYS I THINK IT WOULD BE COOL IF WE COULD GET OTHER CALIF ACR/VIPER OWNERS TO MAKE A SHOWING AT CARS & COFFEE IN IRVINE. THERE ARE USUALLY ONLY 2 OR 3 VIPERS THERE ON ANY GIVEN SATURDAY. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A BETTER TURNOUT. VIPER X (DAN EVERTS) COULD PROBABLY GET SOME OF THE LOCAL MEMBERS TO ATTEND.
LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS.

AL

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of curiousity, for those with a new ACR, did you actually buy the car to track, or was it simply because of the looks?

It was November 2007 and I had no intentions of purchasing another Viper. The additional 100 Hp for the 08 was great but the 08 Convert didn't look that much different than mine. I had an 03 Viper & I was happy with it until I received a November issue of Autoweek & the Red/Black ACR was on the Front Cover. I read the Specs on the car & I said O SH----T I have to have that car. I soon contacted a local Dodge dealer to place an order. That order was placed Dec 10 & I am finally getting the car in about 10 days.

Bottom line: I primarily got the car for the looks, but I plan to take a High Performance driving school & may Track it. Of course, I do plan to drive it to work at least 2 days a week. I am a CPA.

Al

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc