Why doesn't DC use Viper site for official info??

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why doesn\'t DC use Viper site for official info??

I was wondering as I watch the rumors and guesses and inside information flying about, why DC doesn't use the Viper website that they used to register to get the certificates as a site to give us some official information. It would quell many of the rumors if they would just come up with an official party line & gave estimates of the car's progress & release. I think everyone would feel much better if there were at least some official word directly from DC.

No? Rick

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Why doesn\'t DC use Viper site for official info??

Rick, we already DO pretty much have that...... it's just that many people don't seem to want to believe the things that guys like Steve Ferguson and Joe Houss post for us. Personally, I tend to believe what a FORMER VCA national Prez, or the incoming one, tell me. Yea, some will always try to knock down what they say with the excuse that they will always generally be positive things about the factory. So what? I've never known these guys to tell me a lie, nor have I ever "caught" any of the DC people giving me or anyone else dis-information either.

So, look for Steve & Joe's posts....... and "take em to the bank" !!!!!!
yesnod.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great question. I have tried to answer that a few ways in a number of different posts, and still it never seems to work? Here is the easiest way I can say it:

1- Dodge PR has an obligation to release ALL OFFICIAL Dodge information. When they do that it has to go through ALL media. The reason for that is if this site or even Viper Mag or VCA Notes OFFICIALLY announced before ANYONE else then the media that promotes and talks about ALL Dodge products gets sensitive and holds a grudge against the PR department. If that occurs it can literally affect the entire communication process that has been in place for decades. This site has proven over and over again that even though "official" is generally not used, that we can provide very accurate and sound news, and that still allows PR to do the job they are paid to do.

2- I have said this over and over again, but the DC lawyers could really jump down our necks if we divulge any information that could be construe as "insider trading". I know in our little Viper World that it amounts to an ant hill, but all it would take is one **** stating that they purchased stock based on "facts posted as official on the VCA web site", and we would pretty much get all open doors slam shut.

Hope this helps?

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Thanks Kingman, Steve, I believe the answer is that DC is now trying to build a "conduit" that will allow them to officially announce, and/or answer questions using a more direct method.

I have been pleased to see this plan being expedited as you will already see a response posted in this topic area regarding status of the infamous "Jay Leno" SRT.

Stay tuned.... this can only get better!