Why is everyone stuck on the VETT

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really quite simple. The Z06 starts out with a 3.45 rear-end gear. The Viper os geared lower to start out with a 3.07., Thi is huge when your talking weight diference. if the SRT had a 3.54 gear, I'm sure this hole discussion would be a mute issue.

$500 and your back on top.

While that great and all keep in mind Viper owners aren't the only ones who mod their cars. Hell a set of long tube headers nets 45RWHP on the Z06 besides you now have to mod your $20,000 more expensive car to runa with a "Vette". Gears aren't going to cut it.

Just saying that's why SOME owners are frazzeled.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really quite simple. The Z06 starts out with a 3.45 rear-end gear. The Viper os geared lower to start out with a 3.07., Thi is huge when your talking weight diference. if the SRT had a 3.54 gear, I'm sure this hole discussion would be a mute issue.

While that great and all keep in mind Viper owners aren't the only ones who mod their cars. Hell a set of long tube headers nets 45RWHP on the Z06 besides you now have to mod your $20,000 more expensive car to runa with a "Vette". Gears aren't going to cut it.

Just saying that's why SOME owners are frazzeled.

He's right! 3:54 gears in the SRT aren't going to cut it also because your top end decreases by 10 to 15 MPH. Meanwhile the Vette holds a quicker 0-60,1/4 mile and higher top end to be at 191mph totally stock.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sure, do that, you might be closer at the beginning, but you'll get smoked even worse on the top end.....

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who friggin cares about the Vette (last time I dissed the Vette some troll here called me a Retard, as if I really give a sheet). So bottom line what are we talking about? The Vette is close to the performance of a Viper. Maybe faster. But who cares? Whether its a souped up Rustang, Vette or Mini Cooper Pooper POS, who cares? So the Vette caught up. The Viper is gaining another 100-150 HP in the next year or two according to rumors. But their POS will never equal our work of art! Their POS may be faster but will always be a POS. End of discussion.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can hear the combovers on the Vette forum now," Boy, we sure have the Viper people scared!" It must be armegeddon or something because some of you sure are taking this pretty hard. LETS MOVE ON.........PLEASE!!!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lately that is all i'm hearing.The ZO6 THE ZO6...Its a VETT guys..nothing more then the rest of the 35,000 they make yearly.

I totally agree. The Vette is a Vette. It can have more power but the Viper is like a Ferrari. It might be a little slower but it is all about the driving experience.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warfang!, boy you took the bait and hit it hard. Listen, I know this is the Viper forum. That's why we are all here, for the love of a great unique car that started an automotive revolution. I don't know about you, but I'm a serious gearhead, I build, weld, machine, service everything I own. I love anything that's bada#$ and I appreciate technological advances that have to do with any great vehicle. It's something new, that took FOURTEEN years to finally challenge the title holder. That's why everyone is stuck on it. Car guys love to bench race and talk smack.

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am calling jihad on all Vetts.May the name of Allah babba and the 7 smokins run there engines through the ground.

WAR MY ENGINE IS BIGGER THEN YOURS

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am calling jihad on all Vetts.May the name of Allah babba and the 7 smokins run there engines through the ground.

WAR MY ENGINE IS BIGGER THEN YOURS

BWAAHHHAAAAHHHAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY BOY IS BACK!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You are kidding, right? The ZO6 has a better power to weight ratio. By lowering the gears to what the Z has, you are going to be shifting a bit more because of the viper's shorter rev range which will slow you down in accelleration runs. The Z will already hit 60 in first, the viper will not. Just admit that the Z is a hell of a car and get on with it. Don't lie to yourself.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warfang!, boy you took the bait and hit it hard. Listen, I know this is the Viper forum. That's why we are all here, for the love of a great unique car that started an automotive revolution. I don't know about you, but I'm a serious gearhead, I build, weld, machine, service everything I own. I love anything that's bada#$ and I appreciate technological advances that have to do with any great vehicle. It's something new, that took FOURTEEN years to finally challenge the title holder. That's why everyone is stuck on it. Car guys love to bench race and talk smack.

CamUNfab: Nobody had to figure out you were baiting because you announced you were baiting. Besides, you don't have any bait worth hitting. All you were doing was wasting everybody's time with a lame post that just wasn't very well thought out. It wasn't funny... it wasn't smart, insightful, or even controversial. It was all over the place, and not coherant enough to invoke a response other than me making the observation that you might be in need of psychotropic drugs. :rolleyes:

Quit wasting our time. Posers like to bench race and talk smack. Car guys let their driving do the talking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc