Why is my Zaino full of oils?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Interesting.....

But if they took the oils out, it just wouldn't taste right.

OP
OP
N

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hadn't used my Zaino in a few months. I was shocked :eek: to see this when I picked up the bottle.

193IMG_1137-med.JPG

On the back of the bottle is says, "Z-2 is a anti-static, non-greasy, non-oily and will get "wetter", "deeper and richer" with multiple coats."

It looks like a 1/4 inch of salad oil on top of the pink stuff. Is it mineral oil? Silicone oil, for ease of application?

What could it be? It has a very oily smell to it.
I couldn't smell the "bubble gum," with all this oil on top of it.

Any guess to what this might be? :confused:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like it froze to me. If it freezes it will go bad and seperate. I have had stuff for years and it never seperated.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What, isn't NXT working for you any more? Tired of having to re NXT every couple of weeks and decided to break out the Zaino. I think somebody already answered your question on autotopia. "Zaino utilizes a re-wetting additive to aid in polish flow out and
spreadibility.
Most polish/wax technology today incorporates a similar ingredient or
additive.
Unfortunately, this additive will separate slighty when stored over a
period of time...
Just shake and it will immediately go back into suspension... "
With posting this on so many forums I can't help but to think it is an ill attempt to slam Zaino. It seems that the NXT fad is dying out and I am now see alot of post were people are going back to the tried and true, Zaino.

OP
OP
N

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like it froze to me. If it freezes it will go bad and seperate. I have had stuff for years and it never seperated.

No freeze zone, on the SoCal Coast. :)

Car is garaged, so no NXT durability problem. I like to wax once a month, regardless. I used to layer Zaino once a month too!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AS a polish fanatic, I was useing Zaino but I just tried Meguiars NXT and am more impressed with NXT. Also P21S is really good. But the most important thing before any polish is prep.. Wash and then Zymol HD Cleanse liquid or P21S liquid then polish by hand. Clay bars are not near as user friendly and a hassle compared to the liquid paint prep mentioned.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery