why is the NY/CT region so pathetic ?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unclgreggy and andrew i would like to hook up with guys this weekend but need to bring my car into chucks for a repair. after i get it back we should def hook up. im about 20 mins from you guys so thats not a problem. maybe we could do this next weeekend if the weather is the same or ever a bit cooler :) ........just need to get with the crew!!

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Selling the car? Every day I change my mind - Funny thing is that my wife is insisting that I DONT sell the car. Strange. I hate that it is more museum piece than car.

Dimitrios, email me and we'll talk.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if you think 72 Vipers going up I-87 at triple digit speed is driving like your grandmother, I don't think so.

I don't know what club you are hanging out with but we never went to a $12.00 buffet or anything like it.

If you want to do something more exciting why don't YOU plan an event? Where were you when we had our autocross event in Tarrytown?
Let's see what you come up with and I'll help to promote it.

twinsnakes, That sounds like a challenge to me! I've got a 100 bucks on that one Jeff!! :2tu: LOL

Steve it was good talking to you today!

O YA, Andrew, I'll hook up with you guys and you can follow me! :D

Chuckie :D

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
twinvipers- I just want to clearify about that car show on your schedule. It is an Exotic Car Show, and I have spend about 100 hours of my time putting it together. We are expecting over 200 cars. One of the objectives of the show is to meet the other clubs and plan joint events for the future. So if another club has a track day we could get an invitation to join them. Renting a track is expensive but sharing that expense with another club makes it a little easier. Expecting the Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Lotus, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Austin Healey, Cobra, MG, NSX, and BMW Clubs.

So please don't pass it off as just another stupid car show.

Thanks,-Jeff

(sorry about the above post on the antenna, miss-placed responce)

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait for the Tator BBQ. I missed last years and this would make my first attendance to one. Exciting.

As for "unclgreggy" attend the Winery event, Tators, and the Car Show in NE and then let us know what you think.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got Joe's e-mail yesterday on the Skip Barber thing. Things are getting set up, but on a wednesday for $500 - $1000? TO rich for my blood. There are lots of things going on, and way cheaper ways to drive my car. Right now I'm just looking forward to the Ferrari Club inviting us out to Pocono on April 30th, and what is up with this New England Car show? I'd be into that if it's within reasonable distance.

AC

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Don't know much about Joe's plans at Skip Barber, but the experience is well worth it! Remember, Skip Barber instruction is in THEIR cars.... not yours! A BIG difference in expense from our track days at Pocono.

And make sure, if you stay overnight, that you enjoy the Interlaken Inn! Great Place!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked on the calenders of events for the NY/CT region and there is nothing for the whole year except a cruise to a winery and a car show. Does anyone race around here ? No Vette/Viper shootouts ?

There are a few of us that like to race, if you are itching I'll race ya in my Dlm car :p email me @ [email protected]

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
72 vipers was cool. Very cool. The rest sucked, no offense. I've spoken with others who felt the same. As far as food goes, I'm talking about this "pre-set menu" stuff. Put me in a good restaurant and I'll handle my own bill. I'm Italian, I'm used to excess and not caring about how much it costs - just want good food and a lot of it.

Plan an event? I guess the question is, What is it about the events that make it uneventful? Truthfully, I don't know if I have an answer for that. I just know that many (NOT ALL)of the events ****. I'll have to think about that one.

By the way, why cant we "hook up" with other car clubs. I dont have a problem with other cars or their owners. I just like getting out in mine and whoever wants to join in is welcome. I cruised with Moundir (posts on here with a red GTS) and a guy with a vette last year - just the three of us after a meet at ******* and we had a blast. It was great- videos and everything. We even got into some serious smack talk over whose was faster - it was all in good fun. Mike if you read this, we gotta cruise again - now that your car is a DLM beast I must get a ride.
two weeks ****** is all you got to turbo, supercharge, stroke and spray your car if you think you have a chance lmao ;) I'm gonna put a hurting on you boy :p

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, I'll give you the win on that one. My car would be like a Yugo against that thing. You better bring that beast over and take me for a ride.

F355, Never miss Tator of coarse, if I can make the winery and car show I'll go for sure.When and where is the car show?

BTW, all in all the VCA has been a positive experience. I was voicing some frustration over SOME of the events. They tend to get routine. From the looks of some of the posts looks like things might change. I hope.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Car Show will be at the Anheiser-Busch Brewery in Merrimack, NH. It is a 2 hour ride from Hartford CT (at the posted speeds). With some help and planning from the NY area clubs, you could caravan up. Imagine a large group of Exotics traveling together up Rte 84 from Hartford, Could be a blast.

There is a seperate thread in the events forum if you want to check it out.

POIZENUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things are and always will be changing, that's how we try to keep it interesting. Last season we did the 60 MPH
go kart race in July and again in Sept. Didn't see you
at either event. These events are far from routine!
If you are looking for excitement, that was the place to be. Point is you have to participate to get something out of it.

We will be at Limerock Park on April 14th. Taking the formula 1 cars out on the track and then on the auto cross
course along with their SRT-10 Vipers. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe me the NY region has stepped up there program big time. Why just a few years ago when I bought my Viper I could not get any officer in the region to answer an email about me joining.

POIZENUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gregg, tried to email you 3 times. It bounces back
with an error message "Mailbox over quota"

Clean out your email.

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just checking out the List of Past Events on the NYCTVCA Website. 17 Events posted !! We enjoyed the majority (12) of them tremendously-- very varied !! (Tator's to Zone Rendez-Vous to Kennebunkport.etc.etc.... to Kittles Crabhouse)
Great Places with Great Folks and their Great Machines
Looking forward to the NYCT events for the upcoming year.
Keep it coming Joe!!!! :usa: :2tu: :usa:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas