Why so much difference in S/C prices???

TFAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

" Very good list of details. With all the above mods what was your entire net horsepower gain? That sounds like a very complete package to me.

Ps. How well does your car run -- any good road kills?

Thanks!
Gerald
"
-----------------------------------------------------------
I will have that info by early next week. I have more up grades. 50lb injectors, fuel injector clips ( no kazy glue this time ), 7lb pully, half shafts, upgraded Vec 2.1, 1996 computer, and * Drum rollplease............. Larry Macedo @ Macedo Motorsports (407)246-6511 to do the work and dyno tuning.

I like ya Gerald you are a smart *** like me. I would love to add you to my long list of road kills. Street or track. I will be in Bradington in June on ET streets off the limiter. I hear your Viper would give me a run for my $$. Did some one say $$ ????????????

Let me know

:cool:

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
This certainly has been an interesting post. I think the important thing to remember here is that we all drive the greatest production American car ever built. Our mods make them that much better, and with respect to those mods there are flavors for everyone. If you are trying to decide on what mod is best for you, there is more than enough information on this site to gelp in that decision. I enjoyed meeting and racing the many different super charged, nitrous, head & cam, and stock cars at Bowling Green. I would hate to see these events clouded with petty arguments on whose systme is best or worse. When you modify any car, especailly a car as powerful as a stock Viper there are going to be issues. My issues have been minor and my car runs great, but I saw a lot of great runner cars at the V-10 nationals. I also enjoyed seeing the many variations of modify Vipers in the end it comes down to what works for the individual.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Backinwhatever...
You know I love you. Usually your posts are so in your face to other people, I just give you a taste of your own medicine and you...NO LIKES! :laugh:

Good Nite Honey!
Gerald

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the $6400 intercooled Paxton kit that's out? Seems like that might be the way to go! I'm doing one soon, but I don't know which one yet. I imagine I'll do either that or the Roe. I'm NOT sending my car off for months, and I'd like to do the install myself. Gives me a sense of pride. Honestly I can't see ever needing 1000 horsepower for street driving! My R/T put down about 600 and it was almost out of control! What good does it do to spin the tires at 140 mph? It's not really useable, is it? I'm a man, and considered by most to be pretty ballsy, but that would be scary!

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am with you BigCarrot. Self-installation is a big plus for me. I love working on the Viper and cannot imagine anything more fun than putting on a supercharger. Just need to figure out which one...

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not my deal, i heard it from the little birdie remember. its coming hopefully, just hang in there....

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, seems this post sure went fuked-up-left.

Anyway SunRaKat and Tfast4u both illustrated what I was trying to state but did so better than myself. the roe IMO is a great system and personally it also looks better than ANY other SC out there. at the V10 nats lookin under all those hoods, nothing had more eycandy shock value than that polished or chromed twin screw SC sitting on top of the engine.

i think the difference in pricing is as i said, not too far from each other when you actually look at the relative power gains on a buck to HP ratio, you just have to determine what amount is right for you and your bucket and go from there. they ALL have some good stories and some bad stories (just like anything else in life), they all have quality work, and they all have a different style. to consider a SC is a tough decision for the viper as the choices are all good.

Lotta catfights on this post, LOL

did i stay on topic?

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. I have to jump in on this one...

Let me clarify some misleading comments in this thread. Mainly, people quoting peak RWHP/Torque like it is the end-all. And how it justifies paying more money, etc... THAT IS B.S... The true measurement of an engine's output is how much power it produces across it's ENTIRE operating range. This is FACT. And I think you'll be hard pressed to find ANY SC unit producing more HP/Torque than Sean's unit in the lower RPM's, with equivalent mods (headers, exhaust, TB's, etc...). It's not just luck that some of Sean's cars are running mid-low 10's with around 600+RWHP, and it takes other SC units much, much more peak RWHP to duplicate these times. That being said, there is a HUGE difference between a twin-screw blower, and a centrifugal unit. Apples to Oranges. They drive soooo differently, I don't think it's logical comparing these two SC units.

Personally, I wanted my Viper to feel like a Viper (same torque characteristics), with a bigger motor, and power all the time (no nitrous). So that left me with two choices: Roe SC or bigger displacement motor. Well, I didn't have 20+++ grand, so I went with Roe SC. My decision was easy.

Not saying the Roe unit if for everyone, but before making any decisions about what to purchase, look at the entire HP/Torque curve throughout the entire operating range. Better yet, try to get a test drive from people who have units already installed. It's worth the extra effort with the amount of $$$ being spent.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
interesting fact about the HP, i didnt know that, makes me look at the SC options differently now, thnx onerareviper

BTW, insomnia too huh?

S

SUN RA KAT

Other than Sean's great reputation and the affordability of his S/C, the twin screw supercharger produces tremendous power, not only in the high RPM band, but also in the low and mid RPM bands where I do almost all of my driving based on actual clock time at RPM. That is the reason why I chose Roe's twin screw supercharger over the other choices. It works best for me in the real world.

Trying to drive it smoothly and still giving it a fairly rapid snake pedal to the floor mat in 1st and 2nd gears, I usually find I'm at 5500 RPM long before the snake pedal kisses the floor mat. In 3rd and 4th gears, when the snake pedal kisses the floor mat and it gets to 3000 RPMs O-My-Gosh! The power is nothing short of incredible. (I would like to find a nice closed course (a real one!) where I could do the same in 5th gear. 6th gear from 55 MPH on up is very usable (too bad about the 65 MPH speed limit and many Ohio State Troopers holding me back, though).

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geraldine..ok..You win..Point taken..but I have question foryou...Do you have th exactly disease???

Does your face look exactly like your a$$???? :D :D :D

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, you even messed that joke up. Supposed to be Exacary disease. Spoken with a oriental accent. Like in "your face looks exacary (exactly) like your ***...

......SIGH.......

Gerald

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tt kit UNDER the teens

Nice there is TT kit coming under the teens..... The last time someone claimed this, it ended up being 20K installed w/intercooler as a special introductory offer! That guy was and I guess still is a good mustang and other cars tuner who made some fast cars that even went 8's. But:

1. That has nothing to do with tuning a Viper V-10 that does a wasted spark firing order at 90 and 54 degrees with cylinders # 1 and # 2 firing individually.
2. The kit has to be proven like all the good SC kits out there.....
3. Then there's that little problem associated with HEAT you might have heard of when it comes to the Viper...

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds great about the TT kit "under the teens".
Especially if we can put it on ourselves. Does anyone know
if this is a kit? If this is legit, then I might consider this.
My only concern is that this might be coming from H M S or Macedo.
I won't purchase anything from those two. If it's from a respectable
dealer, then I'm interested.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
BACKNBLACK,

Reviewing this post again today I realized that I got so rapped up in the entertainment of it that I did not answer your simple question. Here goes:

Supercharger: $7,000
Upgraded PCM: $400
Plugs: $80
MSD wires: $129 (I think)
Misc: $200
Total: $7809.00

MODS prior to SC, mods that many Viper owners do:
T&D 1.7 rockers: $1,218
Corsa Cat Back: $1,349
Filters / Tubes: $130
Total: $2,697.00

I have spent some dollars on installation and tuning with Macedo Motorsports for the above items. I am going to dyno the car today in 95 degree weather and high humidty, I have not had any detonation driving around in traffic in this weather, so I am not expecting it on the dyno, but I will let you know. I hope this answers your questions

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, very interesting. Seems like the SC tuners customers are sticking up for their favorite tuner and rightly so.

But what about the guys who used to own an SC car that had problems or blew up? Would someone like to tell the Scott P. story??? How many trips have Dr. Roof, Joe Dell and Treynor sent their cars to DLM for repairs while they are telling everyone they are getting "upgraded".

I never one Time sent my car to Doug for repairs! I sent my car their to have a new clutch and roll bar installed. While the car was there I encouraged him to turn it up. Which he did. I did not have a local guy I trusted to this work.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This SUBJECT was not to point fingers at the TUNERS, each and everyone has had something go wrong one time or another. It's how they handle the problem that counts, i think we are LUCKY to have so many good supercharger choices and tuners to do the work. Prices will go down with supply and demand so guy's keep buying. From what i have read DLM, HEFFNER AND SEAN ROE all do an outstanding job for their clients and thats what counts.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to send my car to DLM for repairs.. You see something is wrong with it. It doesn't have enough power! :laugh: Anybody will agree (Roof, Treynor, GaryA, Mark) that you quickly become used to the power and being that it's supercharged, you KNOW it's upgradeable... :laugh:

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GERALD for forced air TURBO is the ticket, just turn up the boost or larger Turbo. No pulley's or belts to worry about Pro 5.0 Mustangs are running 6.40 at over 220mph in the 1/4 with Turbo's.

TFAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cratica,

" My only concern is that this might be coming from H M S or Macedo. I won't purchase anything from those two. If it's from a respectable dealer, then I'm interested."
---------------------------------------------------
Keep your **** talk on the Viper Alley board. Not here.

I would trust Larry Macedo not only with my Viper, but my life.

If you have something to say, e-mail me, call me. Let's just try to help BACKNBLACK get the info he is looking for.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ronviper, I wish it were easy as just turning up the boost. Turn it up too much and you will be calling AAA. The SCer is much easier to maintain than turbos. Turbo's make more HP but they are not more user friendly.

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, even Gerald for the smack..Like I said before, I wasn't looking to put down the Tuners. Just was more curious on price vs. performance. You all answered my question..Chuck(Viperwizard)..Talk to you when I see you on the 2nd with the new SRT. Talk about ordering the S/R SC...

Thanks all......

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BlueGts you hit the nail on the head however some of these guys have cash to burn. [******] TT cars seem to be the only forced air car in the 9's and probably soon in the 8's if not already there. I have blown many head gaskets by getting greedy with boost and not high enough octane.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds great about the TT kit "under the teens".
Especially if we can put it on ourselves. Does anyone know
if this is a kit? If this is legit, then I might consider this.
My only concern is that this might be coming from H M S or Macedo.
I won't purchase anything from those two. If it's from a respectable
dealer, then I'm interested.

Cratica,

That's very unfortunate you feel so strongly about my company that you would slander me without the benefit of knowledgeable information. My reputation and my credibility speak for itself, Sir. If you have any doubts, I'm sure I could correlate a lengthy list of satisfied clients that would disagree with your opinion. Thank you for the constructive input and hopefully we can someday have this discussion face to face Vs the Internet.

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the 9 second Vipers driveable in the street or strictly track cars??

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One chap said he drove to the track but on his ET STREET AND KNOCK OFF 9.84, in anyone's books thats flying. Larry Macedo don't worry i have heard nothing but GOOD THINGS ABOUT YOUR SHOP. You will never please everyone there is always someone with an axe to grind no matter who you are.