Wife blows off corvette!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's still winter here with slippery roads.Of course there's something wrong with someone driving a vette in this weather.Guy looks her over,revs up,takes off and the wife punches it,catches up,goes around him and drives off.No not in the Viper.She was in her new hemi powered 300c AWD. GTS Bruce

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting rid of the Lex for one of those. It's the only non-DC car we own right now. Any complaints about it?

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love our new 300C. For a car that looks like a heavy sedan it can move. I have surprised a number of younger guys with "hot cars" by burning rubber out of a stoplight. What fun!

Bob K

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only problem I have noticed is that I want to drive it rather than my daily 4x4 ram and my wife has become surprisingly more agressive with that right pedal and suddenly can't stand those slower cars out there.Very impressive car.AWD is impressive on snow and ice even compared to a true 4x4.Yes it get looks and stares.Not as many as a Viper.The caddy CTSV looks like a piece of crap in comparison side by side.We have black with the very light gray interior. GTS Bruce

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bruce....now you really can't mean the CTS-V looks like a "piece of crap" next to the 300C. Both very nice cars, very different leagues. The CTS-V is a beautiful, 4 passenger sports sedan and most definitely a higher end car than a 300C. The 300C SRT will be in the same league as the CTS-V, but you'll probably find the combined reviews, at best, show the 2 cars a toss up. Try driving the V and I don't think "crap" will be in your vocabulary.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my AWD Magnum RT, I too have surprised many a 2wd sports car in inclement weather. My new dilemma is the Magnum SRT8, will it have AWD? I will gladly lose the RT for the SRT but AWD is a must here.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Racing wife stories are starting to become the norm, mine tells me how she blew away a BMW 745i the other day on the highway with the supercharged Harley truck, no telling how fast she went, but she said it wasn't long he was only a dot in the mirror.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
300C is a great car, really enjoying mine, love driving around thinking I could have bought two of them for the price of what I used to drive. SRT8 on order will be even more fun. SRT8 will NOT be available with all wheel drive or the MDS system that shuts one bank of cylinders down. If you guys have not found this site yet you might enjoy. Lots of good info. www.300cforums.com

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee, do you still have your Q? Shawn told me you got the 300C, and apparantly you like it. That may be an understatement. I was kinda wondering why you didn't wait for the SRT8.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Bruce....now you really can't mean the CTS-V looks like a "piece of crap"

I agree with Bruce. CTSV = crap.

I must say, when someone says something "looks" like a piece of crap that must have to do with a subjective thing...But if you say something "Is" a piece of crap that is different...
I have driven a CTS-V on the infield road course (short course) at California Speedway (Fontana) and I was impressed with it. I also work at a Cadillac dealer (bias noted) and we dont see too many problems with them so far (knock on wood).
I cant speak for the 300, I think they look cool but have never been in one, but I can say the Caddy has good power, seemed to handle good, was fun to drive and so far hasnt been filling up our service drive with problems.

Cheers,

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bruce....now you really can't mean the CTS-V looks like a "piece of crap"

I agree with Bruce. CTSV = crap.

I must say, when someone says something "looks" like a piece of crap that must have to do with a subjective thing...But if you say something "Is" a piece of crap that is different...
I have driven a CTS-V on the infield road course (short course) at California Speedway (Fontana) and I was impressed with it. I also work at a Cadillac dealer (biased noted) and we dont see too many problems with them so far (knock on wood).
I cant speak for the 300, I think they look cool but have never been in one, but I can say the Caddy has good power, seemed to handle good, was fun to drive and so far hasnt been filling up our service drive with problems.

Cheers,

Don't worry about those calling the CTS-V crap, there are narrowminded brand loyal diehards.

Sure you can hate, LOATHE the looks but the fact remains it's pretty inpressive ride. Outhandles a BMW M3 at the ring, seats 4, 400hp/400TQ and GM had the balls to give it a 6 speed manual, and gets 30mpg to boot.

Those who say the car IS crap would probably rather drive a 125hp Neon only becuase it's a DC product.

To each his own... :)

PURE XTC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GM had to do something with all their Aztek designers. The performance on the caddy IS impressive but the lines are Aztek.

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want to get the SRT 8 when it comes out for my wife. She liked them alot but then we started noticing that out here and in Cali the people we see driving the 300C are octagenerians or G-Unit types.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That won't happen with the SRT8, it will be very limited production. So limited that I suggest if you want one call Pemberton or one of our other loyal dealers, you will be surprised how hard it will be to get one and the usual suspects are already doing the markup thing over MSRP.

vigilantty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last summer when coming home from a car show with my Viper I was passed in the right lane by a 2000 Corvette. The car was really moving so I thought isn't that cute a GM guy wants to see what the viper can do. But before I could react, my wife passes me on the left in her Audi Allroad 2.7 bi turbo. And before too long doesn't she catch up and pass the damn vette. Never under estimate a motivated women driver.

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I said looks like.Had the opportunity to park next to one and the 300c got all the looks.Drove a cts-V.Nice car.Much smaller than 300c.A nice hot rod.Makes you feel common while driving it.300 c larger,gets the looks,makes you feel special,has a luxurious size and feel to it.If I were going racing it would be the little cts-v.But to drive daily its the 300-c hands down.This car must really be pisxing off the MB dealers. GTS Bruce

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And BTW the cts-v is a very competive racer when mixing it up with neons.I like the CTS-V.Almost bought one for my 80 YO father.He and my mother liked the car but they said that"they are not cadilac people".At least I talked them into one of those supercharged regal GTS's though.Yep they do like laying down on the gas pedal and passing slow pokes out there on the interstates.Grumble about having to use premium gas though. GTS Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang