Will fellow Viper owners join me in helping the kids of South Asia?

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everybody! I am sure many of you here have been touched by the devastation in South Asia, especially pictures of the kids left with nothing. Being from over there, and having lost a couple of friends that I grew up playing soccer with in this tragedy has really hit a nerve. One of my buddies lost his two kids. Yesterday, my three kids decided to donate all their piggy-bank collections to "Save the Children" foundation. So, my wife and I decided to cancel all New Year eve plans and we sat at home with the kids rolling up coins to be converted at our bank soon. We have emptied 2 piggy banks already and have rolled up $760+. We still have 2 more to go and anticipate a total around $1400 or so. I have told them that I will match what ever total they come up with. As I write this, my 4 year and 8 year olds are rolling more coins in the office. My 8 year old was the one that told me to contact the great Viper owners. I have also contacted the soccer team I coach,and which he is part of which is named "Viper Soccer Club". I will plan to contact everybody I know thru email to see if we can all together make life a little bit better for these poor kids. This devastation has become a personal agenda of mine. I will
try to do whatever I can to make a difference, how small it might be.

What I hope you fellow Viper owners will do is rally for the kids. I am opening a bank account on Monday at Southtrust Bank. The bank manager is my personal friend and all funds collected will be deposited into that account and sent to "Save the Children" foundation headquartered in CT. A letter will be sent along with all donor names listed. So, if you all choose to give whatever it is you can from the bottom of your hearts to this cause, it would be greatly appreciated. Something great to start off 2005 with. I always believed that when you do something nice for someone, it always comes back ten-fold in a good way. Yes, I grew up believing in karma. I guess when you come from that part of the world, it is instilled in you.

I do not know many of you personally, but have been reading this board since 1998. I have never been to any VOIs or V-10 gatherings due to the dates always clashing with something that my kids are involved with. I have devoted my time completely to my kids, as I made a promise that I would never do what my dad did. He was never at any of my events when I was growing up, whether it be at championship soccer games or national level games. So, I have kept my promise so far at least. Larry Macedo can vouch for my character as a human being. (Sorry Larry, I should have at least asked first). This is not a scam, and the funds you contribute will 100% go to help the children in need. I will even post the letter and check that will be sent to the foundation, with all the names of the donors.

My email address is [email protected]

You can email me for more info, or mail a check to:

Bindy Singh
1551 Winter Springs Blvd.
Winter Springs, FL 32708

My cell # is 407-493-9361.

If for some reason, I offend anyone with this post, I sincerely apologize. I hope the mods will not delete this. The kids really need help. This is really a sincere plea for such. Thank you everybody, and I do hope to meet you guys and gals at some of the upcoming events one day.

Happy 2005 to all.

Bindy

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel bad for those guys, but when I saw the New York Post post photos of the releif effort and one of the guys was wearing a Osama Bin Laden shirt, it kind of made my blood boil.... Sorry if THIS post offends anyone,.,

Good Luck in your money raising effort.... :2tu:

Gerald

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Israeli aid was rejected by Indonesia and Malaysia. Why? Would money raised by **** be insulting to these people? Don't think for a second that any help by the US will be appreciated by the Muslim world. And where are the Saudis in all of this? The major deaths were Muslims. Here is a great opportunity for the UN to scam a little more loot. Although I find the pictures heart wrenching, these muslim terrorists need to learn that what goes around comes around and this is some payback.

I hope I dont insult anyone with this post...but I really don't give a damn about these people. I won't be sending any money.

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey
And where are the Saudis in all of this?

Please don't criticize the Saudis for not sending any relief money. The terrorists need the Saudi money for their terrorist actions, and with the upkeep of over 5,000 memebers of the Saudi Royal Family, there is not much money for peasants in some foreign country.

Saudi Arabia = the largest state sponsor of terrorism.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is the way God intended it to be, then who am I to question it?

in short, my money is staying here....Bush is already sending over $350+million to them.

Best of luck to you and your cause in any event.

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Israeli aid was rejected by Indonesia and Malaysia. Why? Would money raised by **** be insulting to these people? Don't think for a second that any help by the US will be appreciated by the Muslim world. And where are the Saudis in all of this? The major deaths were Muslims. Here is a great opportunity for the UN to scam a little more loot. Although I find the pictures heart wrenching, these muslim terrorists need to learn that what goes around comes around and this is some payback.

I hope I dont insult anyone with this post...but I really don't give a damn about these people. I won't be sending any money.

Well gee, it was real nice of Israel to offer money to them since we give Israel itself
$5 billion + a year. So in effect, Israel was offering them OUR money.

Also,

Here is an example of our politicians not doing what the American people want. The responses on this thread so far are AGAINST sending aid to Asia-India. And I agree. And I am sure this would be same response if an Ethiopian came on a wanted money for starving Ethiopians. But yet our government send millions to Africa and other countries anyway. EVERY American working man/women should have a higher standard of living here, before we send a dime anywhere else. We don't even have health care for all Americans for Christ's sake! (I don't) I know so many elderly folks who cannot afford thier medications it is disgusting. So NO MORE, not 1 red cent to ANY COUNTRY, until we have health care and food for ALL AMERICANS. Then and only then will we decide to consider foreign aid. Charity begins at home.

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bindy, I'm shocked by the response you are getting here, not all Viper owners are heartless. Anyone that says something like "I really don't give a damn about these people..." has my pity.

I'd be happy to contribute to your fund and I commend you for starting it.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all due respect, I will contribute to the charities directly as I do not see the need to send a check or payment to a stranger for you to forward a contribution to them in my name. That makes no sense to me at all. Your sentiments seem sincere, but I am a cynical person.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm shocked too by most of the posts on this thread,mixing up politics,religion,war and standard of living with a natural disaster is wrong.

They are human beings in dire need of help and the life of a little kid from Indonesia has as much value than the life of an VCA member.

Luc.00GTS

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm shocked too by most of the posts on this thread,mixing up politics,religion,war and standard of living with a natural disaster is wrong.

They are human beings in dire need of help and the life of a little kid from Indonesia has as much value than the life of an VCA member.

Luc.00GTS

I don't think the first ones, and mine were saying no to help, it is merely pointing out the hypocrisy of those nations. Saudi Arabia can send billions to help fund terrorism, but can't send a measly hundred million to help fellow Muslims. Ohhh, I forgot, they are not Wahabbi's, so the only obligation Saudi Arabia has is to help in the overthrow of the corrupt western influenced country of Indonesia. Infidels.

OP
OP
V

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.......didn't know this would ignite a race war here. I am from Malaysia of Sikh origin, grandparents being from Punjab and in India, there has always been tension between the Indians and the muslim communities. Growing up there, I was never thrilled by how the Islamic community received preferential treatment over the Indians, Punjabi's, Chinese and the Christians. That is why I left my country when I was 18, accepted a full soccer scholarship to come to the States. I was tired of the politics in Malaysia, still am. Believe you and me, I have the same deep hatred towards the muslim community for harboring and aiding these scumbag terrorist cowards. I will be the first to say this. But, I also know that not all the people of that country have the same belief's of the idiotic minority, which are the government's of Malaysia and Indonesia for rejecting aid from Israel. And that is why I chose to do this.

The funds are not to help terrorism.....they will go to "Save the Children" foundation, which is an American organization based in CT who will make sure the aid is provided to the needy kids in Sri Lanka, India, Thailand, Maldives, Malaysia and Indonesia. Again, these are the innocent victims. And not all these victims are Muslims. The Thai community is Buddhist and there is a large concentration of Christians in Indonesia. I am not doing this so only the kids in one area gets the help. It is for kids that come from many different religions/faith/countries. You seemed to have placed the innocent people of Sri Lanka, India, Thailand, Maldives all into the terrorism ***. Indirectly, you are categorizing all Indians, Punjabis, Buddhist, Christians living in those countries all as terrorist too at the same time because they live there. Most of them would give anything to be born in the great US, but did not have the choice. I know this for a fact. I was one of the lucky ones to get out.

Yes, you do not have to send a check to me, who is a complete stranger to you. I have no problems with that. God bless you for sending a contribution directly to the charities to aid the poor kids. Thank you for doing that. I was going to categorize the donations by different clubs when I sent the checks in to "Save the Children". My kids $, Vipers Soccer Club w/names $, VCA Viper Owners/w names $ etc. etc. Just trying to be the collection point and to get this jump started. That's all. No hidden agenda. Sorry if you thought this.

Again, I apologize for setting off a race riot here. Gerald, you are right, that idiot with that stupid T should be shot. And I too feel just like all of you towards the Saudi Royal family - that is where terrorism receives its funding from and it all begins right there.

Take care.

Bindy

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that haven't seen the photo..

You must be registered for see images

Most likely a best seller. And they want our money? And they REJECT ISRAELS MONEY?....... ? I think this PHOTO says it ALLLLLLLLLL

Gerald

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But, I also know that not all the people of that country have the same belief's of the idiotic minority, which are the government's of Malaysia and Indonesia for rejecting aid from Israel. And that is why I chose to do this.

You seemed to have placed the innocent people of Sri Lanka, India, Thailand, Maldives all into the terrorism ***. Indirectly, you are categorizing all Indians, Punjabis, Buddhist, Christians living in those countries all as terrorist too at the same time because they live there.

On another thread in another section, this has already been discussed.
The charity I donate to, sends help/offers relief and services(medical/etc.) to every(or alot) of countries. They also act as an umbrella, working with native charitable groups in the countries. As such, my money is being used to offer help in ALL of the affected countries.
However, in the other thread, you can see that I separate a couple of countries for their specific actions, which does not include rejection of aid from Israel, which Sri Lanka also rejected(from Israel).
One thing that I like about my charity, is that money can be given for specific programs, and to specific countries. A couple of countries will only recieve help from my general donations, most will also receive additional help.
The countries I will not donate for, are Somalia, Indonesia, and Malaysia. I will say that I do look at a countries actions, and their's are horrible towards non-Muslim native inhabitants.
India is a beautiful country, they are also NOT massacring/commiting cultural genocide of the minority as are Malaysia and Indonesia.
I was bringing a little sarcasm to the thread about a specific country, and their actions.
I hope the guy with the shirt in question rejects our(western) aid, and instead gets help from his hero(sic).

OP
OP
V

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gthomas, I have no problems with your choosing of the charities and which countries they assist etc. Thank you for helping the kids. Although Malaysia is a very beautiful country, the goverment has totally screwed it up with its Islamic beliefs etc. Their rejection of funds from Israel only further shows their ignorance of the whole picture. Growing up there, I know what it was like. Trust me, majority of Malaysians (Indians, Chinese, Christians, Muslims) all are very pro-USA. I go home every year and I hear it. My wife, who is 100% American, Navy-brat, born in Virginia Beach sees this first hand ever year too. It is only the small fraction that we call the controlling party that ruin this sentiment for all the peace loving people of Malaysia.

Gerald, yes that guy should be taken to the wood shed. But, On the other hand, many of these people are soooooo
poor that the clothes on their backs are what was given to them. They wear whatever they get. They do not discriminate on logos etc. They will take whatever will keep them covered. Osama might mean nothing to him, just like Bush would. If you went over there and threw his village a couple of Bush T's/jackets, I am 100% confident that those will be on every villager's back. I personally know this would be the case. On the otherhand, he might be an Osama supporter and deserves a good beatdown.

I could easily send all funds collected to charities in Malaysia, but choose not to do so as I know that most of the funds would go to assist Muslim kids etc. I just know how the government works, which is to my total disgust. That is why I chose Save the Children as they personally have people in all these countries and they make sure the other races are taken care of too.

These kids see no hatred.......they are just plain innocent...it is those grown-up morons that instill these disgusting values into the young and innocent. Just as our kids here that hear the garbage from the white supremacist groups, and then grow up hating all blacks, ****, and people of any other race. Right?

Remember, these kids are no different than yours or mine.
They have no choice. Poverty ***** and life provides them with no chance of furthering their minds/education. The strike they have against them is that they were born in a third world country. Been there, seen it, and I was one of the lucky ones to now call myself a proud citizen of the greatest country in the world, the USA.

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Go Gerald!!!!! That picture says it all. When volcano Kracatoa (sp)in Java exploded near the beginning of the last century, Indonesia was a Dutch colony. During the rescue and recovery operation by the Dutch, the Muslim extremists started murdering them. That was the first modern Muslim terrorim. THey are a blight on the face of humanity and I am truely sorry the USA is sending even a dollar. We should sit this one out and let the Muslims take care of the Muslims...like that will ever happen. Good ridance.

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And...Vipercane, I certainly do think that any U.S. life IS worth more then the life of anyone from anywhere else. I have lived in KL, KK, Jakarta, Manila and Singapore and I have seen just how much more the value of life is worth here in the USA as opposed to Asia and the mid east. In Singapore the penalty for throwing a child out of an apartment building window is less then smugling chewing gum (yes it is illegal to chew gum in Singapore). I am from New York and took the brunt of what the Muslims think of us. You can send you kid's piggy bank money anywhere you want, but I think you have a really big set of balls asking for hand outs to your personal bank account on this forum. Go beg on the Al Jezcera site first...but then again Muslims **** and wouldn't help anyone who won't dress in a bombers vest. Maybe god is sending a message to them. I sure hope there are enough virgins to go around. :usa:

OP
OP
V

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn LI Racer, you must not read a single thing I have wrote. Did I not say I was trying to get the funds to non-muslim children, and that is why I chose an American organization to receive the funds? I also wrote that I could send this directly to Malaysia but knowing the evil ways of the government there and how it would benefit only muslims, I axed such. Hey, I am on your side as to how you feel towards the muslim world. I grew up in that craphole
of where we were treated like second class citizens, and still are to date. Why the personal attacks against me, I don't know. You don't know me from adam, and you chose to insult me. I did not come here to beg from the Viper Board.
I don't think I would need to beg from anybody. This was a gesture brought up by my 8 year old, to see if there was interest in a group of people, i.e. Viper owners, like you and myself doing something good for innocent kids. Did I mention anywhere that I was doing this for the muslim community? You have some damn balls to insult me about posting an innocent post to assist innocent non-muslim children. Do you actually think your hand outs are for the benefit of my personal bank account? You are as ignorant as the muslim fanatics you speak of. Why the mindset that this post was started to assist any muslims in the first place? I have continuosly repeated myself that I am of non-muslim descent and I am trying to assist kids that are of the same? The insults must make you feel better of yourself.
So be it.

OP
OP
V

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I will remember that the next time I want to pad my bank account, cause I am sure you are speaking from experience. Wouldn't want to offend the high and mighty like yourself.

Reaction score
Just keep your panhandling to another forum.
So Bruce, does that mean I should delete EVERY SINGLE thread that has to do with something "good samaritan"? Be it to raise money for a sick kid with Cancer, or to organize a giant Viper gathering for a group of kids on their deathbeds, etc? If you think something is a good cause, feel free to bring it to the group. Disagree with the guy, or agree, who cares, but why be such a ****? Should I give you a little revolving light by your username and appoint you the "Panhandle Police"? Who are you to question the integrity of someone trying to do what they think is a good thing? Did I miss your halo (I guess I could add that to your username as well)?

Nobody seemed to have a problem when we all collected money to buy a Viper couch for the son of a member. Those who wanted to pitch in....did. Those who did not want to....did not. At least you stayed close to the point with your first post....isn't it enough to simply state your position and then decline to help?

Now, I really must find that rotating police light for you...thank GOD (or Allah, or "insert YOUR phrase here") you have saved us all from this scammer out to do harm to all the kids! I will sleep better tonight! (token :) )

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Luc, but my Parents'and Grandparents medicine and food comes WAY before some kid 1/2 way around the world getting food and a new school built. These people breed like rabbits and then expect US to pay for the food and diapers.

I am the kind of guy who picks up a stray dog and helps old ladies when they walk across the street, so it is not a heartless factor, it is a... "give a person a fish feed them for a day, teach them to fish and feed them for a lifetime" issue.

I am tired of MY tax dollars going to 3rd world sh1tholes who's leaders embezzle the money and the citizens keep having illigitimate kids every 9 months.

Look at Africa. Money down the drain.

Maybe if the U.N. didn't **** us with the oil/food incident we would have more $$ to send.

People seem to think because we are Americans we have silver spoons coming out of our asses.

No one in their right mind wants to see any children of any race or nationality suffer such a tragedy.

But lets give our money to OUR children's cancer funds. OUR children's orphanages. OUR children's educations.

OP
OP
V

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, you can delete this post since I assume Bruce requested such. Never meant to stir up anything. Just wanted to assist non-muslim kids whom I felt could use the help, especially knowing firsthand that they would not receive crap from the muslim governments due to favoritism . Just wanted this to be a helpful gesture that maybe the Viper owners could band together for. But since it has arose in a roundabout way the fanatical muslim debate, and personal insults(????), it has lost its
objective. So, please feel free to delete. Thanks

Bindy

Reaction score
Nah...I was just being a little antagonistic (not my usual self). :) Nothing personal was every meant...I was just having a cow. :) LOL!!!

Personally, I am all for spending my money on my Viper right now, but I don't think you wanted a political thread. <shrug>

It is simpple...you, and your family, are doing something you feel needs to be done, good on 'ya!

steel snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK let me see if I've got this straight: every Muslim is a terrorist, all these people man, woman and child deserved what they got, God somehow ochestrated this diaster to punish Muslims and figured why not take out 1000's of Hindus while he's at it (must be having a hell of an argument with the Muslim God) and Bush must be aiding and abetting terrorists by sending 350 mil over there. Now I understand. :usa: :2tu: :usa:

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tony....

I never asked you to do a damn thing. Vipercane did something I find unacceptable and I (obviously)disagree. If you have issue with my comments then delete them. I think what Vipercane started to do sux. But he is free to panhandle where and when he wants. I can call it how I see it. I am not asking for your blessing. But if this is a forum and members are encourgaded to state their views within accepted limits, then you should have nothing to say about it unless you are expressing your views and not being the 'cops' yourself.

OP
OP
V

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BUD, respect your opinion. No complains here. Good example is why the GTS is always in car shows supporting children's charities here in Central Florida, mainly the shows set up by law enforcement. And it does very well too.

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BUD, respect your opinion. No complains here. Good example is why the GTS is always in car shows supporting children's charities here in Central Florida, mainly the shows set up by law enforcement. And it does very well too.

And I respect yours. We both have commom goals...helping our people. Nothing wrong with that at all. :)

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am off of this thread...Vipercane, nothing personal meant, but I feel the way I feel about the subject. If you and your family are doing what makes you feel good then that's a good thing for you. Me...I have four kids and a few nieces and nephews who are fatherless from our good friends the Muslims. I do not feel ill towards the non muslims...but I am just tired of the U.S. putting up and the the UN and the rest of the world sh1tting on us. I am sorry if I insulted you.

Reaction score
Tony....

I never asked you to do a damn thing. Vipercane did something I find unacceptable and I (obviously)disagree. If you have issue with my comments then delete them. I think what Vipercane started to do sux. But he is free to panhandle where and when he wants. I can call it how I see it. I am not asking for your blessing. But if this is a forum and members are encourgaded to state their views within accepted limits, then you should have nothing to say about it unless you are expressing your views and not being the 'cops' yourself.
You can have your opinion, but you seem to think you have to come back to the thread to give your opinion again, and again, and again, ad nauseum. YOU think what he did sux? Just as I think what you did sux (sic). He is doing nothing more, or less, than many others have done here in the passed. I never said you asked me to do a damn thing....but you seem to wanna excercise some control. The only one looking bad here is you, so far. Even Bindy basically said for me to remove the thread because it was just turning into your little hate-fest (OK, I paraphrased, summarized, AND interpreted what he wrote like that). You continue to go off on him for trying to do something good, and for that reason alone I would not remove the thread. Whatever you are doing....it is to yourself. Instead of being an adult, or at least acting like one, you gotta go on badgering him....for no good reason. Sure, someone could say they disagree, and state a reason.....but good old Bruce has to call Bindy a panhandler (one knows he has reached the bottom when names start getting thrown around). You MOST CERTAINLY are entitled to disagree, but to beat your little dead horse is sad. Gladly, we know where you stand on this issue.....I guess there is not much else for you to write in this thread, thank you for your input.