Will the '08 be introduced at NAIAS (Detroit) this January?

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the \'08 be introduced at NAIAS (Detroit) this January?

Title says it all.....

BTW - NAIAS is North American International Auto Show for those that don't know.

OP
OP
O

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Will the \'08 be introduced at NAIAS (Detroit) this January?

Nice. That alone will make the show worth going to.... I just hope DC puts the spotlight on the car, instead of hiding it in a corner. I have yet to be impressed with the Viper display (gone to show since 2001), compared to the Ford GT, Corvette Z06, Ford GR1, etc... Funny part is, the other displays at DC are awesome - Trucks, Jeeps, Challenger, Sedans, aftermarket, crate engines, etc... The Viper is supposed to be the Halo car for Dodge, but you wouldn't know it. If it does push 650HP or so, people will FLOCK to this car if they display it properly. Heck, it's worth doing so just to get the crowd gathered around the other Dodge products IMHO. A Vert and Coupe on a spinning display with an aggressive color would work well....

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score

yeah, it was disappointing to see the Viper in a corner under normal lights in the past few auto shows here in Chicago. They need to get it right this time.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't know, but I can let you know on Jan 13th :2tu:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yeah, it was disappointing to see the Viper in a corner under normal lights in the past few auto shows here in Chicago. They need to get it right this time.

Same thing here in New York. It was acutally pretty sad that some of the "regular" production vehicles have better displays than the Viper.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Same thing here in New York. It was acutally pretty sad that some of the "regular" production vehicles have better displays than the Viper.

Ditto that in CT. No Viper at last weeks Hartford auto show......

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i hope so, but doubt it.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Pretty certain it will be there.

I'll be there too.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score

At least you guys got a Viper. The last two years in Denver has been Viper-less. We did have the ME4-12 last year though...that almost made up for it.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

At least you guys got a Viper. The last two years in Denver has been Viper-less. We did have the ME4-12 last year though...that almost made up for it.

Too bad the krauts are too scared of the ME412 to put it into production. I mean, a small bunch of Chrysler engineers outdoes the beloved SLR in a shorter time and smaller budget... that just goes against everything DC stands for! :rolleyes:

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Too bad the krauts are too scared of the ME412 to put it into production. I mean, a small bunch of Chrysler engineers outdoes the beloved SLR in a shorter time and smaller budget... that just goes against everything DC stands for! :rolleyes:

Totally agreed. It's an amazing car to look at. And who needs a supercharged V8 when you can have a quad turbo V12?

Sorry to hijack the thread, and sorry about the very poor picture quality.

DASme4124.jpg

DASme4121.jpg

DASme4125.jpg

cbarber

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I believe the ME4-12 concept car was introduced at the 2004 Detroit Auto Show. The 2006 concept car was the Imperial which I would certainly buy if they'd produce it.
CB

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to disappoint guys but the ME4-12 was never streetable. I believe it ran on 120 plus octane aviation fuel. It was never intended for production.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll be there too, gonna try to go on Sat the 13th

Last yr I went on the 2nd public wknd and a lot of the displays were already packed up

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry to disappoint guys but the ME4-12 was never streetable. I believe it ran on 120 plus octane aviation fuel. It was never intended for production.

I dunno about that Bob...

http://www.mercedesforum.com/m_38125/tm.htm

"First off all, the Chrysler ME-412 is not a concept car. Dieter Zetsche said that himself. The ME-412 was a prototype, in which they built another version to test the performance of the quad turbo V-12 supercar. "

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"First off all, the Chrysler ME-412 is not a concept car. Dieter Zetsche said that himself. The ME-412 was a prototype, in which they built another version to test the performance of the quad turbo V-12 supercar. "

My post is not necessarily inconsistent with your post. I was told at last Spring's appearance by Herb H. at our VCA chapter meeting that the car used the aviation fuel I mentioned. With four turbos, this is no surprise. A detuned version with less octane and fuel flow requirements probably could have been produced for the street. It would be interesting to read Mr. Heffner's thoughts on this issue since many of us view him as a leader in turbo applications to create high HP vehicles. Perhaps he will read this post and jump in. have a very Merry Christmas!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My post is not necessarily inconsistent with your post. I was told at last Spring's appearance by Herb H. at our VCA chapter meeting that the car used the aviation fuel I mentioned. With four turbos, this is no surprise. A detuned version with less octane and fuel flow requirements probably could have been produced for the street. It would be interesting to read Mr. Heffner's thoughts on this issue since many of us view him as a leader in turbo applications to create high HP vehicles. Perhaps he will read this post and jump in. have a very Merry Christmas!

Wouldn't that be awesome though? The first production car that runs on aviation fuel... must be one killer of a guzzler tax though. :eek:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope there will be...HOWEVER, knowing DC and there sometimes-odd-yet rather oh-ahing surprises like above, I could live without. To me the Firepower and the ME-412 would have put the viper to the end and that's NOT what I want.

Keith and Phil are you guys going to NYIAS? I don't think I ever uploaded my pics from the last year, but there was a yellow and black SRTC with the H-wheels out in the open. So hard to take a pic with people walking by it and getting smudges all over the car!

--RS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope there will be...HOWEVER, knowing DC and there sometimes-odd-yet rather oh-ahing surprises like above, I could live without. To me the Firepower and the ME-412 would have put the viper to the end and that's NOT what I want.

Keith and Phil are you guys going to NYIAS? I don't think I ever uploaded my pics from the last year, but there was a yellow and black SRTC with the H-wheels out in the open. So hard to take a pic with people walking by it and getting smudges all over the car!

--RS

Had this pic in my file but dont remember where I got it from...
You must be registered for see images attach

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yeh I'll take one of each please

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The price of all Vipers regardless of gen or year will increase.RIP Viper.We're lucky to have known you and have one. GTS Bruce