Will this look right?

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning on removing the stock colored letters on both fenders and rear bumper. I would like to replace with chrome lettering. I have seen the 3D (raised) version on e-Bay, PartsRack, etc but I was considering going with a flat chrome sticker version instead. Although the stickers are much cheaper than the 3D, I'm not doing it to save money but to eliminate the raised portion for waxing and general cleaning. My concern is that it may look a little cheezy if it is just a flat sticker. I have never seen these before as the fender and bumper emblems, any thoughts?

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flat stickers would look like crap. Just buy a quallity soft paint brush (1" to 2" wide) from the hardware store and cut the bristles with a pair of scissors, leave an inch or so of bristle length, and it's a great tool for getting the wax out of the corners you can't remove with a towel or whatever. That or just use a soft toothbrush, but usually toothbrushes are too stiff (nylon / plastic bristles) and can leave scuff marks on the paint, I prefer to use a cut down horse hair type of paint brush. It's also a good tool to remove wax from the window trim edges, etc.

Last edited:

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am planning on removing the stock colored letters on both fenders and rear bumper. I would like to replace with chrome lettering. I have seen the 3D (raised) version on e-Bay, PartsRack, etc but I was considering going with a flat chrome sticker version instead. Although the stickers are much cheaper than the 3D, I'm not doing it to save money but to eliminate the raised portion for waxing and general cleaning. My concern is that it may look a little cheezy if it is just a flat sticker. I have never seen these before as the fender and bumper emblems, any thoughts?

painters tape over them, I know in the last 2 days I have clayed, polishes & waxed my car:D

PS...monday the fog light covers will go out!!!!sorry

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Or just don't put anything back on..... That's easy. I did :D.

FSTENUF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You need to go with the raised logo's. A little bit of time in cleaning goes a long way in the LOOK!!!! Flat is NOT were it's at. :headbang::headbang::headbang: