Window Auto Function?

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can i get Auto up and Auto down functions installed or added to my 2002 GTS?
I would love to be able to just touch up or down and have the windows go all the way up/down on their own.
anyone done this or have recommendations?

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can buy them in the same section as the cup holders and traction control.....lol

J/K... I have not heard of anything being available...

OP
OP
N

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe a Vette may have one........

they probably do, but that would be far to great a sacrifice for such a minor convenience...;)

Oh well...if it was something easy like just adding an electronic module of some kind i would still be interested.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had this conversation with an installer friend of mine just last week(not about the Viper), and he was telling me there's a controller you can add to any vehicle for up and down control, but if you wanted choice between all-up and part-up, and down, you would need 2 stage window switches, which you wouldn't have.

OP
OP
N

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darbgnik: Thanks for the info. The controller sounds dead on...but having to change the window switches would make it a no go for me.

cornfish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can i get Auto up and Auto down functions installed or added to my 2002 GTS?
I would love to be able to just touch up or down and have the windows go all the way up/down on their own.
anyone done this or have recommendations?

Hey NorthernSnake,

You can get these for your car. I haven't put them in the Viper although I had an S2000 that I put them in for not only both windows, but the top as well. It is a "one touch" unit from Autoloc that intercepts the signal and powers the window either up or down with just the tap of the window button (yes, when the window is up/down it turns itself off.) These units work very well. I put up a tutorial on S2ki a while back but it isn't up anymore because my old website went down. Super easy to use - touch it once and it starts to go up and if you want to stop it at any time, press the opposite direction. Anyway, here is a link to it on Amazon.com

Amazon.com: AutoLoc WC1000 One Touch Up And Down Window Unit: Automotive

Note that my friend did a large group buy on these things directly from autoloc and got them for WAY cheaper than $33 a unit. Maybe you should try to do the same and pass on the savings to the rest of the guys on this site? Just a thought.. :dunno:

- Ron

cornfish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh and that guy who reviewed it is a complete idiot. The units work very well and depending on the application, there is a wire that you need to cut in order for it to work. It tells you on the install instructions. The first one that we put in did the same thing. Then we read the instructions again - o_O

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32