window doesn't seal properly when closing the door

cweaver22

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My drivers side window on my 2005 convertible doesn't properly seal/close when you close the door. i think the mechanism that lowers the window a little when you open the door and the raises it back when the door is closed isn't working correctly. if i sit in the car and close the door i have to roll the window down an inch and then back up in order for it to seal properly. if i'm outside of the car i have to press the window in at the top and close the door simultaneously. has anyone else experienced this issue and if so what have you done to fix it?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything I've read is that has to do with the function of the window regulator. Unfortunately, it's pretty common and pretty expensive. I'm just holding my breath on mine continuing to work for a while. When it finally dies, it shouldn't be too big a of deal to me. I'll just make sure not to drive the car unless I can put the top down. :)

Reaction score
It can also be a function of the body control module BCM, you should have a dealer diagnose it before guessing the regulator.

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 04 does this same thing but only 1 out of every 10 times I close the door. I heard it was a common problem and i'm just use to it now. I'm happy as long as everything continues to work and nothing breaks.

OP
OP
C

cweaver22

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 04 does this same thing but only 1 out of every 10 times I close the door. I heard it was a common problem and i'm just use to it now. I'm happy as long as everything continues to work and nothing breaks.

mine works sometimes too...if its gonna cost $1100 i'm going to have to wait on that one...

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yep, my 03 driver's side exhibits these symptoms sometimes. I live with it, and am careful opening and closing the windows.