Window regulator problem or ????

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Passenger side window has been acting up. It's almost as if something is blocking the window from going down. It will go down about 2 inches or so, then stop. I can still hear the motor going. Took the door panel trim off and found this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Does this look normal? If not, any other places to check? I did a search first, and after sifting through the threads, thought maybe the clip was broken. I didn't see anything broken... :confused: Any ideas?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In your pic I cannot see any wires that should be pulling the window clip up and down! The chances are the wire is all twisted up inside the regulator motor :(

Take the whole assembly out and check it over. If the wire is caught up inside the motor You can carefully remove the head of the rivet which will then allow you access to the wound wires, its a real pain in the ass job, but cheaper that $450 bucks!

The wires can be straightened using heat and tension. Hold one end of the wire in a vice and with a pair of grips on the other end pull tight, using a small gas blow lamp ;) (it worked for me)

You will then need to drill a smaller diameter hole in the center of the rivet tap it and insert a small screw with washer to hold the cover back on. I did all of the above and everything now works fine.

Good Luck
Mark.

Off to France now, back on tuesday.