Window Tint and Paint Protection

KEast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple questions for the forum regarding window tint and paint protection films.

I spoke to a installer today regarding getting my coupes windows tineted. The installes ask if the radio antenna is in the rear glass of the car. If it is he plans on using a different tint (non-metallic, glass substrate) for the rear glass. I looked at the rear glass and dont see anything but the defroster. Anyone know if its in the glass, or where it is? Im looking at the Llumar tints.

As for body protection. I have seen quite a few reviews of the 3M products, but none on the Llumar paint protection. Has anyone tried it?

Thanks,
Kevin

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin,

The antenna is embedded in the middle of the windshield. I'm off to have my 06' Coupe tinted tomorrow as a matter of fact - I'll let you know how it goes. I've had Llumar before, but this time I'm going with Solar Guard.

-Justyn

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For you guys putting protective film on your cars, I found another area you should address on the Vipers. Besides the sills, UNDER THE MIRRORS. I found chips under both my mirrors last weekend while waxing my SRT/10. The front tires throw up rocks when cornering. FYI

I guess I should clear bra it before it's to late. Did someone find a good place near WPB FL?