Window tint removal

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have window tint on my 96 GTS door windows and was wondering if anyone new how to remove it without scratching or damaging the windows?

FLX

picflight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tools Need:

Hair dryer
Razor blade
Dishwashing liquid

Process:

Dilute the dishwashing liquid in some water, pour it into a spray bottle and spray the tint.

Wait for about 5 mins, use dryer to gently warm the tint and starting from a corner with the razor pull an edge. While gently warming the tint and spraying the solution between the tint and glass use your fingers to pull on the tint. Use the blade on the glass whenever it is too hard to pull or to remove small pieces.

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to remove my side door windows tinting, looking for an easy way, hopefully no mess

FLX

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be sure to use a BRAND NEW razor blade. Any prior use (even for shaving) can dull or raise points which can scratch your glass. I would even use a fresh blade for the second window.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
go over to your local AutoZone, they got tint remover, they are cheap, sweet, easy and fast, try it and you will like it. i done it so so many times.......

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to Autozone and bought the tint remover, Worked Great no Problem, Glue came off fine no scratches, thankyou very much

FLX109

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte