Window Woes

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, as I mentioned before, I am having some issues with my drivers side window. It makes a 'popping' sound when at the extreme bottom of the window travel. If you don't use the auto down and you stop the window before it hits bottom, it doesn't make any noise. That is what I've been doing for the time being until I get it fixed.

Furthremore, on the way up, this happens:

You must be registered for see images

Also, when I washed the car this weekend, I noticed some water leaking through from the top of the window. It seems that the window angle needs to be adjusted and hopefully this will stop the problem.

So my question - is this manually adusted, or is it computer controlled? I am debating whether to tackle this myself or to take it into the dealer and have them adjust it.

Thanks,

- Anthony

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have some type of regulator issue if its popping. It can be very expensive to fix if thats the case, I beleieve upwards of $1200-1500.

As far as the water issue, I think its normal for them to leak, maybe some worse then others. Mine does, my buddes does. It doesnt seem to happen in a mnormal rain, only when washing it, water pushes past seal if your spraying at windows. I wouldnt worry much about adjusting for that complaint.

OP
OP
A

adg44

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have some type of regulator issue if its popping. It can be very expensive to fix if thats the case, I beleieve upwards of $1200-1500.

That is what I'm weary of. However, considering it is rubbing against the seal on the way up, and that it only makes noise if it goes all the way down, makes me think that it may just need some adjustment on its travel path.

As far as the water issue, I think its normal for them to leak, maybe some worse then others. Mine does, my buddes does. It doesnt seem to happen in a mnormal rain, only when washing it, water pushes past seal if your spraying at windows. I wouldnt worry much about adjusting for that complaint.

Hmm.. perhaps, However, it didn't do it on the passenger side.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960