Wink, Wink, Nod, Nod......

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps all the winks and nods from the 'people at DC in the know' were nothing more than nervous twitches because they got caught with their pants down by Chevy, Ford, and MB.

It is bad enough that they got trumped by the competition, but to add insult to injury by pretending something great is about to be announced is just shameful.

Go ahead and defend them all you want, but the truth is that nothing is pending. Oh, maybe a new color or two (BFD).

Flame away lemmings.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see if I can get it started...

Sure the SRT performs better than any American car in history and blows away everything within a 50K of it's price tag.

But it's just so fugly.

On a serious note, get rid of that d*mn cupholder.

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps they plan to introduce some new cross stitching as well, along with higher strength thread. The carpet may have an upgraded pad as well.

;)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOW ABOUT BACK ON SUBJECT !! WE(SRT-10 HATERS (just kidding)WAITING ON THE COUPE) ARE GETTING SCREWED !!

I think its total crap, that people talked us up about PVO not being worried, with them smiling and winking, acting like they had a trump card waiting....

TOTAL CRAP !

-Sour Jon

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps all the winks and nods from the 'people at DC in the know' were nothing more than nervous twitches because they got caught with their pants down by Chevy, Ford, and MB.

It is bad enough that they got trumped by the competition, but to add insult to injury by pretending something great is about to be announced is just shameful.

Go ahead and defend them all you want, but the truth is that nothing is pending. Oh, maybe a new color or two (BFD).

Flame away lemmings.

Them and the recipients of the winks and nods are a joke now. I think all of the club leadership that attended the elbow-rubbing session needs to answer to their members and come clean as to what "mis-facts" the DC people disseminated. Children won't run away in fear. GEN 1-2 owners will be the ones running away from the dealerships. I mean, it's a nice car, but all this diversion and shell game the dc people are playing just leaves the coupe all the less attractive. But then again, that's probably what the krauts have in mind. :rolleyes:

Where are the apologists now? Any more rumors to share?

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
"On a serious note, get rid of that d*mn cupholder."

What cup holder ?

You must be registered for see images

Quote:
C'mon, you know that MAMBA interior add's ATLEAST 50 more HP.

Only fifty ?

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you all need to review the posts. No one "In the know" ever said anything like what was just quoted here. If you disagree I suggest you locate the search button and prove it.

I suggest you go back and review posts to refresh your memory.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DSR207 It looks like the plastic piece on top of the radiator is positioned different than stock. Any reason?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to a high placed DC corporate official (Not VCA) the long awaited announcement will be made on this forum this coming Friday AM.
Due to the recent announcement of the 500 hp ZO6, the 450+ hp Mustang, and DC's own +600hp Mercedes as well as a 500 hp new Supra/Lexus.

The announcement of the long rumored and highly anticipated HEMI V-10.

Using the basic architecture of the SRT Hemi released in Jeep, Charger, Chrysler 300, and soon in the Dodge truck line the new HEMI V-10 will once again raise the bar.

Subject to final EPA/National Highway Safety Institute testing the HEMI V-10 will produce a HP output of in excess of 590 HP and 620 lb/ft torque.

This output will require the newly developed algorithim traction control, with launch control to allow maximum accelleration depending on available traction. This traction control has 4 levels of selection, from wet weather to off.

Those of you that have new Coupes on order will be very grateful

Please check back early Friday Morning for the official announcememt.

Check that date. Check that date. Check that date. Check that date. Check...

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Wow! Thats fantastic!!! Naturally aspirated!! Way to go, Dodge! Need a new rear axle to go with it!

Tuners are gonna have a field day with this car!

The ZO6 will be sucking air!!! *edit* (Or just sucking)

The only competition in any numbers will end up being the 600hp GR1.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul, if this is an early April fools we will come git you and hurt you.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you all need to review the posts. No one "In the know" ever said anything like what was just quoted here. If you disagree I suggest you locate the search button and prove it.

I suggest you go back and review posts to refresh your memory.

What is this, tennis......YOU bring it back with with the search button, YOU brought it up. C'mon, you can't find what you thought you read? Nobody in "the know" said what you thought you read. :mad:

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friday is also the day that DC will announce a free Viper Coupe to all current Viper owners.

:2tu: :headbang: :eek: :D :D

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lee: Really? Nobody alluded to NY? The scared childrfen remark wasn't made? No one winked and nodded and nudged? DC was straight with us the whole time and these rumors were spontaneously generated? I don't have the time to review the archives. I'll take your word for it, but then whoever started the rumors about the rumors then needs to come clean, and we must all hail the greatness of DC, and put in our deposit for the coupe.

I'm too fed up to figure out if I'm being srcastic or not. :smirk:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to a high placed DC corporate official (Not VCA) the long awaited announcement will be made on this forum this coming Friday AM.
Due to the recent announcement of the 500 hp ZO6, the 450+ hp Mustang, and DC's own +600hp Mercedes as well as a 500 hp new Supra/Lexus.

The announcement of the long rumored and highly anticipated HEMI V-10.

Using the basic architecture of the SRT Hemi released in Jeep, Charger, Chrysler 300, and soon in the Dodge truck line the new HEMI V-10 will once again raise the bar.

Subject to final EPA/National Highway Safety Institute testing the HEMI V-10 will produce a HP output of in excess of 590 HP and 620 lb/ft torque.

This output will require the newly developed algorithim traction control, with launch control to allow maximum accelleration depending on available traction. This traction control has 4 levels of selection, from wet weather to off.

Those of you that have new Coupes on order will be very grateful

Please check back early Friday Morning for the official announcememt.

Check that date. Check that date. Check that date. Check that date. Check...

Fool me once...

Damn... we really must all be suckers. As much I think the above is all BS, I have my fingers crossed and hope I'm wrong. It's still not incredibly impressive but good enough for me to consider a purchase in a year or two. Dry sump would be nice. The date is checked, and your credibility is on the line. A thin line at that.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Paul is right, but that is the FIRST time I have ever heard a VCA officer hint there would be more than 500HP in the coupe. All comments that I have read or heard so far by DC or VCA officers have been that the 06 Coupe and convertible will stick with 500hp, any other comments have been pure speculation by the usual suspects who have no clue. Believe me, I have been paying attention, more HP is what will get my order! And for the record, I remember the "Scared Children" remark and it was a only a reference to what would happen when Dodge steps it up again, there was no firm date mentioned. Only that it would happen in the future.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check that date again.

Dry sump is a given. Not only to increase HP, but also to lower engine placement for better center of gravity, handling and world class braking. The AFD..Advanced Fuel Delivery is to be announced. More than just throttle by wire..it will be computer enhanced to minimize emissions, maximize fuel economy, and continously control air fuel mixtures. This is directly off the Mercedes/SRT interface.

Say goodby to the runflats. Michelin will debut extended mobility tires for best in class handling.

Check this date...

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check that date again.

Dry sump is a given. Not only to increase HP, but also to lower engine placement for better center of gravity, handling and world class braking. The AFD..Advanced Fuel Delivery is to be announced. More than just throttle by wire..it will be computer enhanced to minimize emissions, maximize fuel economy, and continously control air fuel mixtures. This is directly off the Mercedes/SRT interface.

Say goodby to the runflats. Michelin will debut extended mobility tires for best in class handling.

Check this date...

It's another step away from the original Viper concept of a bare bones big engine in a light body monster of a car. Then again, I rather like the A/C in my 97gts, and when driving in the rain, the back of my mind constantly nags me that I have no traction control.

So can we have a consensus now that if this date isn't delivered.... we can get the pitchfork and torches? ;)

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
DSR207 It looks like the plastic piece on top of the radiator is positioned different than stock. Any reason?

Paxton supercharger kit.