Winter start #%@&!!

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My garage is heated 65deg all winter, and no trickle chargers have ever used previously for my cars. After 8 weeks of storage, the 2007 CLK350 Merc (25k miles) turned right over. My 09 Viper with only 3.5k miles, sitting right next to it, did nothing but click when I pushed start.

I would say there is a bit of quality difference, between the two factory provided OEM batteries, Merc vs. Dodge :dunno:

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is protecting it's self so you don't smash it again

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
read and/or search the forum and you will - probably :confused: - learn that the battery needs a trickle charger ...:rolleyes:

BTW, what is a 350 CLK Merc?

Kind of a space ship? :lmao:from Mercury, I bet! :D

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine stored exact same as you, except I disconnected the ground cable from the negative terminal on batt. Should be no vampiric loss. Mine won't be rolled over till Ap 15 though. We will see what happens.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The old POS Autozone special (I imagine a prior owner installed) was getting weak (died after initial startup etc). The garage where I keep her has no outlet for a trickle charger.

Put in a new Sears Diehard Platinum last week. What a difference! Get one. That is all.:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS