Winter Works Part 3: Scrape Saver

Rainer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi again

Winter months are long in Austria.:(
So i made some mods....:)
Third one was a Scrape Saver.
To save my new painted Front Fascia i made some thoughts how to save the under spoiler lip.
So i made two bumpers out of POM (Plastic) which are located directly behind the spoiler lip. (about 15mm deeper than the lip)
They are screwed on an adapterplate for easy changing when wear out.
The adapterplate is bolted to the main frame.

Here are some pics:

picture.php

bumper and adapterplate
picture.php

bolted under the main frame
picture.php

both ready installed
picture.php

2nd view

So now i am curious how it works.
But i have to wait because there is still snow in Austria.....

Greetings from good old Europe

Rainer

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a good idea, but i wonder how strong those forward ears are on the frame? I guess as long as they only take a certain amount of weight they should be fine. Seems like a smart idea, report back after some abuse!

OP
OP
R

Rainer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you're making 'em, I'm interested!

First Update:

Meanwhile the snow has gone (yesterday i drove the first time OPEN) and i made the first experiance. I find out, that i made them too low.
They was about 35mm lower than the spoilerlip and so they scraped too much times. I went back to my millingmachine and shorten them a bit.
Now they are about 15mm lower than the spoilerlip and it is much better. Until now the new painted Frontfascia is still without any scrape.
I will come back with an update in a few weeks....

greets from Austria

Rainer

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought these were going on the underside of the fascia. Hasn't the bottom side of the fascia already been scraped by the time the obstruction gets far enough back to hit these blocks. It looks like the fascia is gonna hit what the fascia is gonna hit first.

OP
OP
R

Rainer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought these were going on the underside of the fascia. Hasn't the bottom side of the fascia already been scraped by the time the obstruction gets far enough back to hit these blocks. It looks like the fascia is gonna hit what the fascia is gonna hit first.

As the season in Austria has just startet, i have only about 400km of experience.
The little two bumpers are now about 15mm lower than the spoiler lip an they have lot of scrapes.
But the spoiler lip under the frontfascia is still without any scrape.
So - until now - it works...

Rainer