Wiper blade refills for OEM blade assembly

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for wiper blade refills (just replacing the wiping edge, not the entire blade assembly) to fit the OEM blades on my 2001 Viper. Local stores carry the entire assembly, but they are not quite the same length as the OEM units.

OEM blades are still available (about $40 ea), but I'd rather find a pair of $8 refills instead. Thanks.

Reaction score
Ask and ye shall receive:

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...ield-wiper-value-line-blade-refill-wb000016af

That is the Value Line refill that Mopar shows for the Viper, as well as several other Chrysler products (such as the rear blade on the minivan). Here is the standard refill that is higher quality and Viper specific, probably better designed for speed:

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...-viper-windshield-wiper-blade-refill-04642532

We have a pair of each at the warehouse and will post actual photos in the morning. They are definitely interchangeable, but you can see one is a better build than the other. Of course first come, first served. :)

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for wiper blade refills (just replacing the wiping edge, not the entire blade assembly) to fit the OEM blades on my 2001 Viper. Local stores carry the entire assembly, but they are not quite the same length as the OEM units.

OEM blades are still available (about $40 ea), but I'd rather find a pair of $8 refills instead. Thanks.

Wiper Blades?? What are those?..I didnt know I had any..:dunno::D

OP
OP
C

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any auto parts carries them. Even Walmart. They are everyday blades that fit every other car. Nothing special.

Dave, I tried the Anco Aerovantage and they are close, but still longer than OEM. I also tried Trico and they were not close. The Anco looked much better built than the Trico. With both brands, the passenger side blade ends up on the cowl. Maybe I need to slightly reposition the passenger side wiper arm?

VPA, thank you for the heads-up.

Reaction score
Here are the two OEM blades side-by-side. Note the "arms" on the Viper-specific refill that keeps the blade flatter against the glass. Conversely, the Value Line has four "touch points" vs. the six of the standard refill and doesn't seem as straight:

2blades.jpg

Like anything else, you get what you pay for. It would seem to us that the more expensive blade is a better design and might even last longer as it keeps the blade more uniform. We noticed that the value line even included a sealed "towlette" that they recommend wiping on the rubber beforehand to make it last longer. Interesting!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used Bosch 41916. $11.99 @ O'Reilly. They fit perfectly. Nothing wrong with OEM as I preach that a lot on parts, but not wiper blades.

Summary: I paid for what I got.

OP
OP
C

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks VPA for the photos. The value line units look exactly like the Trico units...they are built to a price point.

Thanks Dave, I'll check out the bosch blades.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960