With SRT's hopefully coming soon, prepare for Varmints!

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With SRT\'s hopefully coming soon, prepare for Varmints!

Mice!

My annual message to Viper brethren old and new. It's getting cold here in Iowa, and the Varmints are looking for a warm place to nest. Don't let it be in your Viper! I am speaking from experience here.

Get yourself one of those inflatable "Car Capsules". I have had NO problems since I bought one. The one I bought is made my PDK. Just search the words Car Capsule on the net and there should be a variety of products like these.

If your Viper sits for over a week in the cold months, the mice move in! The warm engine on a cold fall night is like an invitation. The little ******** made a nest on top of the engine in the trough between the intake runners. Then they ate a wool (they love wool!) baseball cap and chowed on some yellow foam under my seat. THEN, they took some solid dog-food pellets and got into my dashboard. That was it! WAR!

I drove to my dealership (heater smelled like cat piss) and my tech got down to business. I watched him take the dash apart; dog food tumbled out (and the remains of a fried mouse). Vacuumed it out, then blew out the nest under the hood, then ordered some replacement seat foam; and we cleaned out the air filter box. Luckily, no real damage because they had the dog-food to live on. My son (8) fed the dogs in the garage every day and always spilled some that miraculously cleaned itself up every night.

With winter coming and brand new SRT's coming that are going to SIT most of the winter for many of us, don't let the mice ruin your new snake. Buy a bubble, spread it out in a warm garage (to make it more supple and lay right) drive your Viper on (mark your tire spots for easy re-parking) hook up your Deltran battery tender to a surge protected power strip and put down some "sticky" type mouse traps around and under the car. Run the extension cord out, zip up the bubble and plug in the wall wart power supply. Presto-inflato... instant clear defense shield against Varmint Kong!

Seriously, protect against mice with your new Snake. The bubble is clear so you can SEE your beast all winter long and monitor the battery tender and mouse traps painlessly. That bubble is the single best thing I have ever purchased for my Viper and I could not imagine Viper ownership in the Midwest without it.

NO, I do not work for the "Bubble company" or know anyone in that business. I just wanted you all to know about the ONE thing I have found that keeps Mice (and kids, and opening car doors) from hurting my pride and joy (yours too!).

Oh, by the way; did I mention that they ate multiple holes in my Viper car cover too? Yeah, that was BEFORE the bubble. Oh... don't forget to take the dog-food out of your garage if you keep it there!

It feels like a Viperfull Christmas (holiday) season to me!

Jim

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: With SRT\'s hopefully coming soon, prepare for Varmints!

Jim,
I had some grains of rice on my engine but no damage
and that was it.
this year no bubble... heated but no electric to run the bubble
frown.gif
storage facility.
so i will put mouse poison all around the car.
and check on it every 4 weeks.

hopefully i will be okay.

question. should you leave the windows open a crack or not when
you store a car? Of course it is under a car cover.
thanks
JIM

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: With SRT\'s hopefully coming soon, prepare for Varmints!

I will just keep driving my Viper, I even expect the odd top-down day ;-)