Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so sad! my thoughts and prayers to her family:(

I rarely meet another female viper driver, starting to think I am the only one

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I am in shock after just reading this thread. Elizabeth Colorado (where we live) is a very small town about 35 miles southeast of Denver. My wife called me this morning on her way home (she works graveyard in Castle Rock) to tell me about the horrible wreck on the main state hwy out of town. She only saw what was left of the semi that was involved but said it was quite a mess and suggested I take the back roads into work.

Seeing that it was a Viper made my heart sink. Only one other Viper in town besides mine. Wow, I'm without words. How sad.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is terrible!

Leslie..now you have Me!

and what's even MORE awsome is we were Z06 friends FIRST

hhaaha!

welcome to the dark side Kaya

I wonder if the semi hit her or what actually happened, sounded like it was late at night

K

Kaya

Rollin 4 I am in Houma, Louisiana....where are you at..I don't recognize the name.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it's no one we know, I've met a lot of good people in the CO VCA, and I'd hate to have say good-bye to one of them.

K

Kaya

I am always afraid some one won't see me with a low profile car.....it coulda been someone like me!

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Her name was Meridith Johnson, she lived in Larkspur CO. She was headed eastbound on CO hwy 86 when a little after midnight she crossed over into the westbound lane and hit a semi head on. She died at the scene before the flight for life hele arrived. The roads out here were wet at the time but no ice or snow until this evening. From the video I have seen it was a red with silver stripes GTS ACR. Not much left forward of the rear wheels.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats horrible. I believe the speed limit is 55 mph on that 2 lane road. I'm always worried about deer and animals of the sort given the open country around that area. Was the truck driver injured?

CO GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, the driver of the semi was injured but not too badly. After the semi disintegrated the GTS it struck another truck and its driver was also hurt. I’m wondering if the Viper was trying to pass the truck that was hit by the semi?

What days do you drive into the Rock? Perhaps you would like to stop by for a meal? We are only 2 miles off of 86 on CR21.

Dave

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Her name was Meridith Johnson, she lived in Larkspur CO. She was headed eastbound on CO hwy 86 when a little after midnight she crossed over into the westbound lane and hit a semi head on. She died at the scene before the flight for life hele arrived. The roads out here were wet at the time but no ice or snow until this evening. From the video I have seen it was a red with silver stripes GTS ACR. Not much left forward of the rear wheels.

Well I can think of two people that car MIGHT belong to. Jim Johnson is the Colorado/Utah president (though I think he owns a 94 RT/10). And John (aka STEAMROLLER) owns a red/silver ACR. I hope she was not a loved one of either of them. My condolences to her friends and family.

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Terrible tragedy. Those 1,100lb rear rock crusher ACR springs can get you momentarily airborne on rough sections, expansion joints, *** holes and other bad roads. I have played w/ the dampening settings all across their full range. If you have the shocks set to full stiff you will get momentarily airborne. If set to the softer settings you can, and will, bounce all over the place, as the 1,100lb springs in the rear overpower the shocks themselves.

Why on God's green earth did Dodge put those rear spring rates on street ACR's I will never know. Unless your driving on smooth, prepared surfaces, those springs need to be changed out to 800lb units. This according to most, will put you back right in the middle of the rear shock adjustment range.

:usa:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery