Won Top Mopar!!! YEE HAW

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:dance:Just got back from entering my first car show and won "American Muscle catagory" and "Top Mopar" out of about 100 vehicles. Approximatly 20 were Mopar new and old and the rest were mixed from Vettes and mustangs to foreign vehicles. A beautiful Pantera won peoples choice. WOW...Didn't know what to expect and actually didn't expect anything since it was a first. The car just got back from a complete paint job last night at 9PM and I had to register at 9AM this morning. Not much time to detail but I guess it was enough. I am a new owner of 8 months and I can tell already my baby and I are going to have some fun! Now it's time for a :beer:

V

Venomiss

:dance:Just got back from entering my first car show and won "American Muscle catagory" and "Top Mopar" out of about 100 vehicles. Approximatly 20 were Mopar new and old and the rest were mixed from Vettes and mustangs to foreign vehicles. A beautiful Pantera won peoples choice. WOW...Didn't know what to expect and actually didn't expect anything since it was a first. The car just got back from a complete paint job last night at 9PM and I had to register at 9AM this morning. Not much time to detail but I guess it was enough. I am a new owner of 8 months and I can tell already my baby and I are going to have some fun! Now it's time for a :beer:

Congratulations on your show!! Any pictures you can share with us?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, you didn't want any competition from the rest of the club or what?! Congrats anyway!

OP
OP
H

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, you didn't want any competition from the rest of the club or what?! Congrats anyway!
NO!!!!:DLOL Just kidding Slaughter...actually, I got approached by by a Member of the Corvette Club, who is a Viper enthusiast :)dunno:figure that one out???) and he asked me on Thursday if I knew about the show but it didn't dawn on me to enter because my car was still at the painter getting buffed out after a makeover. Making a long story short, I got the car back Friday night at 9PM and made a last minute decision to enter so I started putting Emblems (chrome) on the car then woke up at 6AM to do the rest of the prep. I have never entered a show before so I didn't know what to expect but all I know is I got alot of attention from the croud (only Viper) and won against alot of beautiful cars in the American Muscle and Dodge/Mopar catagory, in the likes of Vette's, GTO's, Cobra's, Charger's, Mustangs, new and old etc... The overall peoples choice award went to a Pantera which was a beautiful car. About 100 cars were in the show. Needless to say, I "represented" very well...alot of attention came to the "BADDEST MACHINE AROUND" that day!

OP
OP
H

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
:2tu:Finally got some pics from the show! My buddy is a cop and he had some other "DISTURBING" pics on his cam he had to seperate that he didn't figure we would want to see! I figured the pics would show a little of the competition but he did not get some of the newer stuff. He's a "classic" guy:headbang:

OP
OP
H

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
http://forums.viperclub.org/2398327-post25.html

I want to see the pictures too!
Hope this helps you!
:mad:I entered URL's in the four boxes and hit submit and then it completes the load and goes back to the same page to enter URL's again. Then it says I have no photos uploaded. I have Windows Vista if that makes a difference.:mad::mad::mad:After step four, I can go no further!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
:mad:I entered URL's in the four boxes and hit submit and then it completes the load and goes back to the same page to enter URL's again. Then it says I have no photos uploaded. I have Windows Vista if that makes a difference.:mad::mad::mad:After step four, I can go no further!

HHI, congrats on the awards, .....and THANKS for making me feel less like a dinosaur !

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! Now send some good pics and a story/description of your car to Domestic Driver - A bi-monthly online magazine featuring Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and GM Cars from 1980+ and try to get your car in the magazine. Then save trophy and magazine article "just in case" you need to prove a value to an insurance adjuster. I got the value of my 98 GTS up another $9,000 because of the trophy and magazine article. You know - a picture is worth a thousand words. One that's deemed worthy of showing the nation is worth as much as 10K!

I've already had my 01 both trophied and another feature article in the magazine ... "just in case."

Ted

OP
OP
H

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! Now send some good pics and a story/description of your car to Domestic Driver - A bi-monthly online magazine featuring Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and GM Cars from 1980+ and try to get your car in the magazine. Then save trophy and magazine article "just in case" you need to prove a value to an insurance adjuster. I got the value of my 98 GTS up another $9,000 because of the trophy and magazine article. You know - a picture is worth a thousand words. One that's deemed worthy of showing the nation is worth as much as 10K!

I've already had my 01 both trophied and another feature article in the magazine ... "just in case."

Ted
:cool:Thanks RTTTTed for the info! I will deflinetly look into that. The insurance adjusters have never been my friend in the past anyway!:curse:

OP
OP
H

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yippee...I figured out how to do this pic thing!:nana:
IMG_00251.JPG

IMG_00132.JPG

IMG_00122.JPG

IMG_00161.JPG

IMG_00193.JPG

IMG_00152.JPG

IMG_00102.JPG

IMG_00083.JPG

IMG_00073.JPG

IMG_00093.JPG

IMG_00261.JPG

IMG_00112.JPG

Wish my buddy would have taken some pics of other later model "American Muscle" catagory cars from the show but like I said above, he is a classic guy so this is all I have. There were about 100+ cars and there were some "PURDY" ones!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT pictures, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! We once won SECOND PLACE in a car show, and FIRST PLACE??? Went to a gals' PINK SRT-4 NEON~~~LOL....SO FUNNY!!! I also, alas, am inept at posting pics....at least you learned fast! ~juli

OP
OP
H

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GREAT pictures, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! We once won SECOND PLACE in a car show, and FIRST PLACE??? Went to a gals' PINK SRT-4 NEON~~~LOL....SO FUNNY!!! I also, alas, am inept at posting pics....at least you learned fast! ~juli
FAST? :rolaugh: Sure...till next time I try and post!!!! LOL Thanks for the congrats Juli! It was alot of fun and I expected nothing. There were some pretty cool rides but as is most of the time, Vipers stand out in the crowd! PINK SRT-4 NEON???:omg:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FAST? :rolaugh: Sure...till next time I try and post!!!! LOL Thanks for the congrats Juli! It was alot of fun and I expected nothing. There were some pretty cool rides but as is most of the time, Vipers stand out in the crowd! PINK SRT-4 NEON???:omg:

Yeah, pathetic huh???!!! :rolaugh::rolaugh: We had the only high-performance car there (BLACK Viper) and the pink neon wins first place...we HAD to laugh! Yes, Vipers DO stand out, and don't you LOVE that 'whiplash' effect from people?!!! ENJOY~~~juli

OP
OP
H

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, pathetic huh???!!! :rolaugh::rolaugh: We had the only high-performance car there (BLACK Viper) and the pink neon wins first place...we HAD to laugh! Yes, Vipers DO stand out, and don't you LOVE that 'whiplash' effect from people?!!! ENJOY~~~juli
Maybe we should have a pink Viper? :omg: NOT!!! The other day I was driving down a very busy road and I live in a tourist area and this gal about fell out of the passenger side window of an SUV trying to get a pic of the Viper doing about 50mph. Her husband was trying desperatly to fight thru traffic weaving to get next to me for the pic. It was pretty funny but a compliment none the less! It was an "out of towner" from Kentucky. Drive safe! - Jeff

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The fun has just begun!

Wait until an 18 year old girl walks up and starts talking about how badly she tried not to "lick your car all over". Or some guy walks up and apologizes for "freaking out your wife because he didn't realize she was sitting in your car while he was FEELING UP YOUR VIPER!"

Getting one of the only 12 trophies given to a show of 450+ hiQ showcars.

Display sign cost me only $60 and adds quite a few points.

Enjoy.

Ted

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the boys and i love going to car shows! we get to see some neat cars, say hello to new friends, see some neat towns, and best yet - it gets the kids away from the darn computers!

07_Decatur.jpg

if you plan on going to more car shows, definately get a display board! after about an hour, you will get tired of answering the same questions over, and over, and over, and over, . . . .

mine now has a nice display stand too and no longer sits on the ground.

OP
OP
H

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The fun has just begun!

Wait until an 18 year old girl walks up and starts talking about how badly she tried not to "lick your car all over". Or some guy walks up and apologizes for "freaking out your wife because he didn't realize she was sitting in your car while he was FEELING UP YOUR VIPER!"

Getting one of the only 12 trophies given to a show of 450+ hiQ showcars.

Display sign cost me only $60 and adds quite a few points.

Enjoy.

Ted
:2tu: Great idea! This was the first carshow I ever entered. My 15 & 13 year old boys kind of egged me on to do it. Now that I have done it I believe I will do it again for sure and I will get a display. After looking at yours and BIG N ITALIAN's info board, it definetly will allow me to enjoy the show as opposed to answering the same questions "over and over"! :eater:
:omg:Wait until an 18 year old girl walks up and starts talking about how badly she tried not to "lick your car all over".:eyecrazy:

OP
OP
H

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the boys and i love going to car shows! we get to see some neat cars, say hello to new friends, see some neat towns, and best yet - it gets the kids away from the darn computers!

07_Decatur.jpg

if you plan on going to more car shows, definately get a display board! after about an hour, you will get tired of answering the same questions over, and over, and over, and over, . . . .

mine now has a nice display stand too and no longer sits on the ground.
:2tu:Yep...Boys away from the TV, X-Box and computer, definetly a great idea!!! My 15 year old is now "CAR CRAZY" He loves the oldies and wants an older Charger or GTO. Nice display by the way!:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960