Wood dash in a viper?

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I saw it, I would have guessed it would look stupid.

After I saw it, I KNOW it looks stupid.

You must be registered for see images

Bill

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't look good but it defenetly looks better then I thought it would! Maybe like someone sugested above if the interior was tan it would look a little better lol

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does like kind of stupid. Something else kind of strange I noticed. That's a gen I, but it looks like it has kind of a strange roof, something about the windshield looks off.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It does like kind of stupid. Something else kind of strange I noticed. That's a gen I, but it looks like it has kind of a strange roof, something about the windshield looks off.
Its one of the hard-tops that has a complete A-pillar (all the way down to the under-windshield cowling) - I never liked the looks for them back when I was considering buying a hard-top for my gen I. Haven't seen them for years, don't remember who sold them at the moment.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The old British sports cars had wood dashes, and it worked for that era.

But putting a wood dash on a Viper just looks odd to me.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
DOesn't look right I agree but the fit and finsh of the job looks good, I bet they make other finshes other wood that may appeal. Who made the dash ???

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its one of the hard-tops that has a complete A-pillar (all the way down to the under-windshield cowling) - I never liked the looks for them back when I was considering buying a hard-top for my gen I. Haven't seen them for years, don't remember who sold them at the moment.

Looks like an Autoform hard top.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fit is nice and as long as the owner enjoys it I suppose that is all that matters.

Not my cup of tea though.