Woodhouse Wins ARRC at Atlanta!!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The ARRC races were held today at Road Atlanta, and Bob Woodhouse lowered the ITE record by 6 seconds. Winning his class , he caught alot of Vettes unaware of where he came from, and ended the Championship Style race for Regional SCCA drivers ( covers classes like ITA,ITS,ITE,ITB,SP,Spec Miata, etc. )in second overall. He was running 1:33's , but couldn't quite catch the Busch Grand National car that took the overall win in his group.
This is the same car that won at Nashville and Texas at the Viper Racing League events , driven by Paul Mumford. Hmmmm,wonder if the price has gone up now that the Woodchuck machine has 3 straight wins,ha? ***** doesn't know I am posting this, so bombard him with congrats at [email protected]. Heck he won't get any work done when he gets back Monday anyway,and if you all send in enough emails, I might get something done while he is busy reading,hehe.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to Woodhouse. It's inspiring to know that a 42-year-old like myself might be able to drive for another 40 years.

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Psssst, don't tell anyone, the Woodchuck is 56 yrs old , but you never heard it from me. Makes you feel like Geritol may be a good race sponsor after all!! Heh, Paul, how bout Newman's own sponsoring a Viper?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Pemberton:
the Woodchuck is 56 yrs old
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<FONT size="5">56?!</FONT s>

Man, those 60s really did a number on that generation.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is yet even more to this victory for Bob! Almost the entire field was running full Goodyear slicks which was mostly SPO class unlimited cars. Bob was incredible all the way around the track. The Busch Grand National car was walking away on the straights (up to 10 car lengths on the front straight each lap) and Bob would catch him around turn seven on his Hoosier DOT slicks!

Here's some pictures... Thanks to Bob for his help and support of Kenny Hawkins #51 ex-Speedvision car as well.

FALSE GRID: The car on the Left was the winner. Driver is talking to Rick (Bob's crew chief)
You must be registered for see images

THE START: Bob's on the outside pressuring the young BGN driver

VICTORY LANE: Bob returns from his victory lap with crew chief Rick riding shotgun

GETTING OUT: The Hossier man was mighty pleased with Bob's performance on his tires!!

Victory Lane:

A great time was had by all.

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill P. no one can accuse us of being humble!! geez. But as you so blatantly pointed out Bill, my time is getting short!!! So I hope to get all the gusto while my faculties are still functioning.

Jeff, not only are you darn good driver you pilot a mean camera, thanks for posting the great shots.

Gary, Flat out through corner 12, no but you know I tried. We made good speed toward corner one though, in the 135 to 140 range.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!! That's the way to represent Bob!! Were you able to keep from lifting in turn 12??
laugh.gif
What was your speed through there?

Looking forward to school next spring.
smile.gif

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr Pemberton: How about posting a picture of the "Woodchuck" Never seen him or you for that matter! Got a couple of Pics?

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OOOooooo, picture of me would be frightening , and Bob doesn't want me to scare off customers.There is a reason I am on the phone alot, instead of out mingling on the showroom.Now a picture of Bob is much easier. Just imagine a slender, dapper gentleman,with a modicum of hair loss upon his crown. Add to it a loss of balance with his facial hair that seems to spread from ear to ear.Whoops,cancel that last statement, as it now appears that the strange abherition on his face is just his mustache ends touching his ear lobes from the major grin still on his face from this weekend! Heh, why not go to Racing School with us in March, and you can meet the Speedy Senior!!?? Email me back if you want info?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Bill posted " Woodhouse Wins ARRC at Atlanta!! "...and I THOUGHT he meant to say " AARP "...which would certainly fit for EITHER of our Beloved Road Warriers from Blair, Neb. !!!

On a serious note, CONGRATS to a CLASS GUY and a GREAT RACER ... whose wheels do the "talkin' track" while lessers' lips are "talkin' smack" !!!!

RockyTop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob,

You were here in my own back yard and I didn't even know it ! Congrats !! 1:33s is SMOKIN' ! When you perfect the ability of not lifting before turn 12, show me how ! In the meantime, call me "super chicken."

I wish I had known about it as I could have helped crew.

Thanks for representing the Viper community so well.

Rocky Horde

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Bob!

Bob's little known secret is that actually trains by racing duallies in the rain in order to practice his car handling skills. After doing that, racing a Viper on dry pavement is
a piece of cake.

Trust me, after following him around the track in Texas at
our first annual truck national (in the rain) - Bob CAN drive.

Ray M.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there and it was a surprise and a pleasure to see Bob and visit with him between sessions. Most impressive was having him give me pointers and then watching him hit the marks he talked about on the track every lap!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, Bob can find time to do a little more racing next season...IF he can keep Pemberton's NOSE to the grindstone selling Vipers !!!

OP
OP
Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice comments from Keith Verges and yet, he failed to mention that he finished a very credible 7th in arguably the most competitive race of the weekend -- Spec Miata. With 39 entries, Keith came through the field to post a finish over numerous Regional Champions and typical of Mr. Verges he is out praising other folks. Keith is widely know as a miser and stickler to the rules , so his finish was all due to driver skill and not because he decided to exercise his credit card. Those of us in the know are very impressed with his stout finish and he definitely showed his mettle at ARRC. Congrats Keith, and all that malarky about me giving you a strong run for the money is apparent now --- not sure I am even in your league you fast old fart!!!

Respectfully, humbly, and submissively, your Spec Miata Servant,

Willie Da P

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miser! Widely known as one!

I resemble that remark.

My finish was also due to a turn 1 melee that I luckily escaped. I hope we get a chance to run next season and you can take me to school at the new track (Mid America or some such) or perhaps Heartland Park, or Hallett? Let me know your plans and I'll see about coming that way.

My Miata is GTS Blue, wishing I could run with the bigger boys!