WOOOOO HOOOOOO I GOT A VIPER!!!!!

tmr4479

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got a Viper, its a 98 gts, well ive had it for like 2 months, but Ill put some pics up. Ive already done a full belanger's exhaust and 18'' bbs lm wheels. you can see some pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/tmr4479 I know I need to lower it, but palmer dodge wanted 800 bucks to do an alignment, is that what yall are paying?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are several VCA members in and around the Atlanta area. $800 is about 1000% too much. Should be closer to $80. PM Joseph Dell or 1TONY1. Either one can help for a shop in your area :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if they charge 800 bucks to align a car...RUN FOR THE HILLS and NEVER do business with them again.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$800? tell them you only want to rent the alignment machine, not buy it.

FYI - unfortunately you will need to keep your guard up from now on, this is a great example. you drive a viper now, which means you are filthy rich. BS like this does and will happen.

an ex architect friend of mine once quoted me a price for house prints. my print prices mysteriously went through the roof after he came to his incorrect conclusion that i was filthy rich. after that and a few other things i saw him pull, i decided to cut those ties immediately.

your life will begin to change in more ways than you know, good and bad.

congrats BTW. :2tu:

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lowered my car 1" about 4 years ago and have never had it realigned. I've put close to 12000 miles on the tires since then and there's no abnormal wear (well, not due to alignment issues anyway! LOL!) and there aren't any issues with the car pulling left or right. YMMV.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge charges $800, yes, and (any viper techs here?!?) a viper tech could tell you what makes their setup so special.

Call Gran Turismo off of Shallaford. They do all of the porsches and many of the vipers around. and it won't be 800. the shop might not be in the most expensive part of town but they do a great job and can be trusted with vipers.

Gran Turismo East Inc
(770) 455-0347

Good luck!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper allignments should not cost $80.00 as some suggest here. A proper alignment invlolves alot on a viper and if you are being charged $80.00 then you are NOT getting what you paid for.

The cheapest I have ever seen anyone charge, and thats with them knowing every bit of what needs to be done is $200.00, and it took them about 4 hours of non stop work.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Too much moolah, Senor, for an alignment. We do a Competition alignment for $200 and a complete race set-up with corner weighting for $300. So you should be able to get a competent job done for 150 to 300 , depending on the Flat Rate charged and the level of expertise available. Hope this helps and good luck?

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sent you a private message, you should come to the next Georgia VCA meeting, they are usually in the Roswell area, which isn't much of a trip for you...

Oh, and stay the hell away from Palmer Dodge...

OP
OP
T

tmr4479

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah will do, when are your meetings? I run a car wash on holcomb bridge, yall can stop by and get your cars washed before the meeting. Dont worry its a hand wash, and my guys have waxing a viper down to 35 mins, mine gets waxed every time I drive it.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the meetings are towards the end of the month, I'll shoot you a PM when I get the next invite, I think its the 3rd or 4th tuesday of each month.

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David Weaver aligned mine for $200 + (when he was still with Maxwell Dodge), and I thought that was a lot! There is a lot to do to set the viper up right. Unfortunately, if the car is lowered, a lot of that stuff they charge you for won't work (read the shop manual for more info). Maybe that's why I got a "factory discount".