World Record Standing Mile Video and E85 Promotion

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a thread or link somewhere that talks about your fuel system modifications/specifications? Pump(s) & sizes, injector types & sizes, fuel pressure, fuel lines, etc??? I'm seriously considering converting to E85.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go, amazing results for a Viper or any performance car. If you ever need to run 120lb balast, please give me a call, you have a passenger :)

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's pretty impressive, although I believe the record is 253mph by a Bugatti Veyron
Thats more of an estimated top speed, show a video where they actually hit that, and for sure not in the standing mile. H***** already beat them in the standing mile, in the Road and Track shootout. The Veyron hit 204.4 in the standing mile, and the viper hit 220 in the standing mile

Last edited:

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats more of an estimated top speed, show a video where they actually hit that, and for sure not in the standing mile. H***** already beat them in the standing mile, in the Road and Track shootout. The Veyron hit 204.4 in the standing mile, and the viper hit 220 in the standing mile
My mistake, it wasn't the standing mile. I did see a video where they took the Veyron on a 5 mile straight away and got it up to 253mph - Let me see if I can find it, and I'll post it

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top Gear did the 253 with the veyron, no doubt it will on utube, they came out of a bend onto the straight doing around 100mph, it was filmed on VW's 50 odd mile long private test track

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a thread or link somewhere that talks about your fuel system modifications/specifications? Pump(s) & sizes, injector types & sizes, fuel pressure, fuel lines, etc??? I'm seriously considering converting to E85.

We don't have information on display like you're looking for. When we do a fuel system for a modified Viper that will run E85 we make sure that the components are alcohol compatible; fuel pump, lines, regulator etc. Pressure, injector size is all based on the amount of power you're looking to make. E85 does require supplying a greater amount to the engine compared to gas.

Ethanol (e85) isn't corrosive like Methanol.

You won't see any significant HP gains by adding the ability to run E85 through a stock V10 engine. Although you would see significant cooling of the engine temps compared to when running gas. The Hp increases that come from utilizing Ethyl Alcohol (e85) is realized in engines that are under higher compression. We've seen the power increase over gas (93oct) at higher boost levels 10+psi in Turbo applications. This is very close to the same hp gains you would see if running race gas in place of E85 under the same conditions. The advantages of E85 over race gas in our testing: It's at the pump (limited for now but growing rapidly) and the cost is over 200% less than race gas (C16). It is much better for the environment and renewable (C16 contains lead)

http://www.svspower.com/images/upload/case_study_33_343.jpg

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i cant imagine why anyone cares about a record with that fuel

These might help you imagine why:

Puts Viper on Top (and did it with a bio-fuel)
Better for the Environment
Over 200% less expensive then leaded race gas (c16)
proven to run your engine cooler
promotes U.S. energy independance
Available at the pump (limited but growing rapidly)
Creating jobs and reviving the American Farmer

Imagine seeing a Senator and The U.S. Secretary of Energy be intrigued and appreciative of a VIPER setting a performance record using E85:

SVS

Henry Ford told a New York Times reporter that ethyl alcohol was "The Fuel of the Future" in 1925,

Read here:

Fuel Ghoul: Henry Ford endorsed ethanol

:2tu: :usa:

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top Gear did the 253 with the veyron, no doubt it will on utube, they came out of a bend onto the straight doing around 100mph, it was filmed on VW's 50 odd mile long private test track
The piece referred to was the greatest automotive video story ever. I seriously had a tear in my eye after watching that piece thinking of just how much fun that must have been. Definitely worth finding on youtube. That they have a 5-mile long straight at that test facility that follows the curve of the earth alone gives me tingles.

Found a link fo you:

YouTube - Top.Gear 2007 Bugatti Veyron top speed test

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people are just PLAIN IGNORANT!:buttkick:

Seemed to me like he just got his Top Speed and Mile Speeds mixed up :)

It sure would be cool to have a chance to run our Viper on a 10 mile straight like the Veyron did. I'd bet the Viper would go 300+, but i wouldn't be comfortable running on pavement at those speeds for that distance with the street tires we use.

We'll just have to settle with filling it up with some E85 from the pump and going for 300 mph at the Bonneville Salt Flats next year :D

These are unmodified Supercars that are sold as is from the showroom floor and in a different league of Topspeed.

I believe that Michelin made special tires for the Veyron Topspeed test.

The Veyron Topspeed was beat this year by the SSC Ultimate Aero:

YouTube - SSC Ultimate Aero - supercar/hypercar (top speed: 256.19mph)

G

grcforce327

Did you bother to read the rest of the thread before you insulted him?

I quoted his "WHOLE POST" ******!Maybe he should get all the "correct facts" and post them completely and accurately!I already new the stats on the veyron.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's a great source of information around E85.

The January issue of HotRod magazine, (page 104. E85 Secrets) covered alot of information around E85 and it's potential as the new performance fuel.

HotRod E85 News click below:

SVS

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I quoted his "WHOLE POST" ******!Maybe he should get all the "correct facts" and post them completely and accurately!I already new the stats on the veyron.

The guy you called ignorant corrected himself in the same thread at 6am by saying...

"My mistake, it wasn't the standing mile. I did see a video where they took the Veyron on a 5 mile straight away and got it up to 253mph - Let me see if I can find it, and I'll post it"

You never read the rest of the thread to catch that but called him ignorant at about 8pm, you then decided to argue with a moderator who pointed out correctly that you had not read the whole thread.
The next time you want to call somone ignorant you better make sure you read the whole thread and YOU are not ignorant or that "******" guy or I will make sure you don't have another opportunity to call names here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad