WOT shifting with 2-stage launch control

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody tried this yet. Some SRT guys have told me that shifting is effortless at WOT with this. "Like they are standing still." Kills the engine for a millisecond....

The launch control interests me as the big feature is that you can spool up on launch. Cuts fire to some of the coils at a predetermined RPM......

It is my understanding that it will work on our cars.

N2MB Racing - WOT Box

Reaction score
Has anybody tried this yet. Some SRT guys have told me that shifting is effortless at WOT with this. "Like they are standing still." Kills the engine for a millisecond....

The launch control interests me as the big feature is that you can spool up on launch. Cuts fire to some of the coils at a predetermined RPM......

It is my understanding that it will work on our cars.

N2MB Racing - WOT Box

I'm willing to bet that this has not been tried and that it will not work. This is the same logic as the traction control we sell and it will NOT work on the gen4 cars as it did on the gen3. FWIW.

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that this has not been tried and that it will not work. This is the same logic as the traction control we sell and it will NOT work on the gen4 cars as it did on the gen3. FWIW.

Mark
I was thinking about using this on my Gen 3 and S/C Gen 2 (With a Vec2).

I was later referred to one of the other sites whereas a guy installed it on his Gen2 and likes it.... Said he barely touches the clutch, which activates contact switches on the clutch pedal arm that activates the device.
Stated that he can keep the car floored, barely touch the clutch and easily shift the car..... AT WOT. :dunno:

Reaction score
Mark
I was thinking about using this on my Gen 3 and S/C Gen 2 (With a Vec2).

I was later referred to one of the other sites whereas a guy installed it on his Gen2 and likes it.... Said he barely touches the clutch, which activates contact switches on the clutch pedal arm that activates the device.
Stated that he can keep the car floored, barely touch the clutch and easily shift the car..... AT WOT. :dunno:

Alright I thought we were talking gen4, it will work great for your car. :2tu:

Jroc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The subarus guys use this to stay in boost during shifts. They call it anti-lag setups

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a setup similar to this on my turbo motorcycle, where it kills the spark for a split second, which takes the load off of the transmission, and my air shifter bumps the shifter to the next gear, but obviously a motorcycle has a sequential transmission, not like our cars. Not sure how I'd feel about just tapping the clutch on our cars to shift.

If you know about turbo bikes, it's just the turbo and a 1' pipe that exits out the side of the bike, and I've had a couple of backfires during shifts before.

I have a couple of friends that use the 2-step to launch their cars at the track (kllymartin) has it on his TT Viper. Basically it helps to spool the turbo's, and it does create quite a sight with flames popping out both sides of the car. Treesnake, do a search for 2-step on youtube, there are videos out there of what happens when you activate it.

I'm just curious, people use 2-steps on S/C cars? I've always thought it helped to get Turbo cars/bikes off the line on boost, rather than encountering lag and falling on it's face.

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a setup similar to this on my turbo motorcycle, where it kills the spark for a split second, which takes the load off of the transmission, and my air shifter bumps the shifter to the next gear, but obviously a motorcycle has a sequential transmission, not like our cars. Not sure how I'd feel about just tapping the clutch on our cars to shift.

If you know about turbo bikes, it's just the turbo and a 1' pipe that exits out the side of the bike, and I've had a couple of backfires during shifts before.

I have a couple of friends that use the 2-step to launch their cars at the track (kllymartin) has it on his TT Viper. Basically it helps to spool the turbo's, and it does create quite a sight with flames popping out both sides of the car. Treesnake, do a search for 2-step on youtube, there are videos out there of what happens when you activate it.

I'm just curious, people use 2-steps on S/C cars? I've always thought it helped to get Turbo cars/bikes off the line on boost, rather than encountering lag and falling on it's face.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep searching for more...
kellymartins' performance speaks for itself

3SXVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So the Race Logic system won't work on a Gen 4?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX