Would you trade GTS for roadrunner?

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have an offer to trade my 97 Gts for 70 roadrunner. The 70' has a built 496 and looks stock. Runs low 11's and looks nice, just a little rust in the lower 1/4s'.

I am seriously thinking of selling my car anyway, and not sure what the market would bear for a rebuilt title GTS.

Thanks for the input.
Dave

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it had a stock hemi in it, for sure :) ! I think they only made 150 total in '70 (75 hardtops and 75 pillared coupes). Heavily modified like it sounds to be, I'd keep my GTS. What did it start out as? A 440 six-pack would also be one that could be worth it if you could restore it back to original... Otherwise, it might just be one of 40,000 that someone dropped a monster engine into and modified the heck out of it. Those are kind of a dime a dozen in my humble opinion.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really whatever makes you happy. Go with your gut, not what others think.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree with the above comments however the decision would be easier if the RR was bone stock and either a Hemi or 440/6 bbl car.

Bruce

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I agree whatever makes you happy is the way to go. That is THE bottom line.

From a value perspective, in this current market, your GTS will be worth more than the 70 Runner in that condition. With small rust patches that will lead me to believe the rest of the car will be a little worn too (faided paint and interior, maybe suspension a little tired, etc). Currently that cars value from what I see (granted, all I know is what you have told me in the first post) would be maybe around $21-25,000 ish. Looking at a clean restored car will be $30-35,000. A little more if it was a matching number 440.

Just my thoughts.

Robert

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been in the market for a rebuilt title Viper for over a year. I want a track car but I don't want to mess up a mint Viper or pay for a mint car.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
according to your sig, you already have a 69 and 71 roadrunner, are you going for the tri-fecta?

You said you were already seriously considering selling your viper. Why?

I personaly wouldnt trade any viper for any 60s/70s car. (unless of course it was something that could be sold for enough profit to buy another viper and then some...) However i completely understand that alot of yall babyboomers Love the musclecars of your time. I love the gen1/2 Viper because it is the car of my time AND because it is Timeless.

OP
OP
H

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
stange as this may sound, I love working on cars. The fun for me is in the build. I love the GTS, but I don't drive it enough. It is easy to sell when I have not driven, but as soon I fire her up....the feelings start all over again...
As far as selling price, and I am in no rush, I was thinking of $32K. Dont know how real that is. Tampa Chuck and Chad are both familiar with my car, they can tell you about her.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stange as this may sound, I love working on cars. The fun for me is in the build.

it scary how much we are alike beep. i love doing the build stuff too. as soon as my charger is done (in the next month or two now), i have the next two projects already lined up!

good luck on whatever you decide!

OP
OP
H

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Big,
I am anxious to see that charger done too. The 71 runner is coming along great for me. I think your charger will take me in the 1/4 by about 7 seconds, but wait until we have to turn!!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a team on the way now to talk you out of it. When they arrive just remain calm and drink the liquid they'll offer you. You'll awake and remember none of this.

Stay strong until then my friend.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a word... No.

I'm a huge road runner fan. I would try to buy without trading, but I won't give up my GTS. JMHO.

OP
OP
H

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am in no way knocking the viper, I just (gulp) get bored with cars after a few years. Please don't ban me, I just like change, at least in autos.

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I had a 1 owner 69 gtx 440 4sp dana,export car # matching .( it was nice). A freind offered his 95 rt (which is real nice to) for trade .We did the deal. He has missed the viper,I have loved it.NO WAY WOULD I TRADE!!!!

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in no way knocking the viper, I just (gulp) get bored with cars after a few years. Please don't ban me, I just like change, at least in autos.

Just do what I do, every couple years change the Viper some. Mine is getting "morphed" as we speak. I also love working on my cars and get bored with them when they're finished. But when I drive the Viper again in the spring, nothing else comes close to it.
The wife has a 68 roadrunner that just sits. A 70 challenger 340 car that's needed restoation for 5+ years just sits, 78 lil' red express that needed restoration for 10+ yrs just sits, 67 satellite that needs new paint that just sits but my Viper gets worked on EVERY year.:D

btw, the 67 is RUST FREE with a 440 but needs a new paint job for sale.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just do what I do, every couple years change the Viper some. Mine is getting "morphed" as we speak. I also love working on my cars and get bored with them when they're finished. But when I drive the Viper again in the spring, nothing else comes close to it.
The wife has a 68 roadrunner that just sits. A 70 challenger 340 car that's needed restoation for 5+ years just sits, 78 lil' red express that needed restoration for 10+ yrs just sits, 67 satellite that needs new paint that just sits but my Viper gets worked on EVERY year.:D

btw, the 67 is RUST FREE with a 440 but needs a new paint job for sale.

Hey Stanford... How much for the truck? :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21