Wowsers...2008 ACR delivered

jm24ond6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My ACR just got delivered to my house and I'm at a loss for words to describe the feeling. I absolutely can't believe how incredible this car handles. It is so well mannered that it's astonishing. I logged about 80 miles so far today and can't stop smiling. I have to say that buying this car was such a great idea. This is my first Viper and I couldn't be more pleased with it. It takes corners with such ease and the inputs back to the driver couldn't be any more pure, absolute perfection, seriously. The way the car handles throttle & steering inputs is so pure and exhilarating. The ride is firm and relays tons of feed back, yet it's not excessive. All I have to say is that the wait is well worth it. Everything observed is with me not even coming close to pushing the car and driving within my & the cars limit. I'll post pics up later, as I'm sure the "This thread is worthless without pictures" will be soon to follow. Thanks to everyone here, just reading threads about these cars got me through the wait. I'd also like to thank Musicncars and everyone else who took pictures of my car being built at CAAP. Thanks everyone and hopefully I get to meet more people in this great community we have.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There's tons of VCA people where you live. Join the VCA and you can get involved with the club (where most of the accumulated knowledge on these cars resides).

Yah, get the pics up. You didn't even mention stripes or color.

Glad you're enjoying it and havn't crashed it. Book some track time. Get the advantage of an instructor and start finding out what that 'puppie' can do.

Enjoy and congrats!

TEd

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
J

jm24ond6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These are just some basic photos. One of my friends is an excellent photographer and has requested to do a shoot. I can't wait to really get to know this car. I still remember driving an 06 at the Skip Barber school at Laguna Seca like it was yesterday. That car made such an impression on me, even more so than the open wheel cars there. I don't want to give the impression that I was driving like a nut earlier, it was just in a somewhat "spirited" manner. Driving ******* the street is bad news. Hopefully I can meet up with others and drive this bad boy where it was meant to run. Trust me, this will not be a "Garage Queen", lol.

I will get my vin info up tomorrow and contact someone in my region, can't wait. I truly feel blessed and feel very grateful for everyone that has helped get this. These are good times people, very good times.

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Glad to see your car was delivered. This color seems to look better every time that I see it. Same color as mine on order since 12-13-07. Red/black with driver's stripe. Should be here in the next 2 weeks. Southern California.

Al

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful ACR.....Enjoy!!! :2tu:
ps. I saw your car naked...lol:D

was it worth the wait?

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, not only do I love your car, I'm jealous because it looks like you live in a rural area with some nice twisties. I've got to drive 70 miles one way to hit the mountains of North Ga once or twice a month. :usa:

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SWEET!!!

Very nice ride - get to the track ASAP! You'll fall in love all over again.

OP
OP
J

jm24ond6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So I'm an avid golfer, make that a golf nut actually. My friends said they are playing after work. For the first time in history I will be declining. Me and my girl are going for a nice ride along the ocean, probably up the PCH. This car is the best equivalent to a permanent vacation I have come across.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm an avid golfer, make that a golf nut actually. My friends said they are playing after work. For the first time in history I will be declining. Me and my girl are going for a nice ride along the ocean, probably up the PCH. This car is the best equivalent to a permanent vacation I have come across.

that must be a nice drive. I have seen pictures. have fun!!:2tu:

OP
OP
J

jm24ond6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Musicncars, you're a good man! SSG Chic, I can't believe you saw my car naked. My only explanation about what you may have seen was that it just got outta the pool and may have had the dreaded shrinkage factor, lol. You made me blush. Thanks again for the pictures.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Musicncars, you're a good man! SSG Chic, I can't believe you saw my car naked. My only explanation about what you may have seen was that it just got outta the pool and may have had the dreaded shrinkage factor, lol. You made me blush. Thanks again for the pictures.

a bunch of us saw your car naked......I have to say that your ACR is quite the exobishonist....:)

OP
OP
J

jm24ond6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, for the past 3 or so years I have lived on a horse ranch. I've been working so much I feel like I started to lose my passion for cars. You gotta make hay while it's sunny, right. So, on the ranch you need trucks. So I drive a truck a lot. Both 3500's, one a V10 and one a Cummins. I had bought an '87 BMW 325IS to race in the E30 Spec series, but it was fun to drive, so I drove that a bit more than I should have. It's not much of a car, but it's actually pretty fun. The engine is rebuilt and bored & stroked. It has Koni Yellows and is fun to screw around in. I have a Range Rover back east, where I'm from, but those aren't fun to drive either. I used to have an R/T TT Stealth, but sold that a while back. I bought the Stealth when I was 19 and that was when the GTS Vipers were just coming out, I just absolutely wanted a GTS so bad. So I did the next best thing and got the Stealth. I used to run Factory 5 roadsters at the track. Those are really fun also, they just want to lift and skate. Oh yeah, those might have the worst bump steer out of any car made, but they are still very good and the bump steer can be fixed. I don't have a large stable of cars, but we have barns full of horses. Horsepower is horsepower

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang