Wrecked B/W from Cali on 35 This Morning

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I never got your name, but I wanted to say that I'm glad you're okay. I spoke to Cody and he said that you were on the way in but had an accident on the way. Hopefully you got out of there without incident; those assholes were still doing 50mph a few feet from your door. Texans are awesome about yielding to an emergency vehicle, huh?

Here is to hoping all goes well with insurance and with the down market you get a newer, nicer Viper. We only spoke for a second, but I think I spotted nitrous buttons and a boost gauge...

GoCanes1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jason, thanks for stopping. With the rain the car just hydroplaned and I hit the car to my left. I was only going about 20 mph but I was going up a hill and the water was just flowing down it. They flatbedded it to a shop here so we will see what happens.

Thanks again for stopping, that is part of what is so great about owning a Viper. Jason stopped to offer me a ride or help on the side of I-35 in the POURING rain.

Mike

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Jason, thanks for stopping. With the rain the car just hydroplaned and I hit the car to my left. I was only going about 20 mph but I was going up a hill and the water was just flowing down it. They flatbedded it to a shop here so we will see what happens.

Thanks again for stopping, that is part of what is so great about owning a Viper. Jason stopped to offer me a ride or help on the side of I-35 in the POURING rain.

Mike

Well, I'm glad you and the other guy were okay. If it'd have been me, I'd have not been as calm as you, so I figured I'd offer to give you a lift or just B.S. and get your mind off of your accident.

I hit standing water a few times in my truck on the way in and couldn't imagine tackling that with the massive tires we have in the Viper. I hope it all works out. Take care!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tiff.

Mike, did you sitll have the drag radials on the rear? Also, what bodyshop did they take it to...there are only 2 places in Austin I would let touch my car...give me a call you need to.

GoCanes1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tiff.

Mike, did you sitll have the drag radials on the rear? Also, what bodyshop did they take it to...there are only 2 places in Austin I would let touch my car...give me a call you need to.

I called ART before the flatbed got here and they took it to Berli's. I guess the owner has 2 Vipers that are his. Yeah, the Hoosiers were on there. It was sunny when I left and just got hit by the rain. It ***** so bad and I am sooooo depressed right now.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called ART before the flatbed got here and they took it to Berli's. I guess the owner has 2 Vipers that are his. Yeah, the Hoosiers were on there. It was sunny when I left and just got hit by the rain. It ***** so bad and I am sooooo depressed right now.

That would be one the two places I would trust. I have taken my car there twice. And it is pretty close to your place so you can go check on it from time to time. :)

no worries, it will come back looking better than it was :)

fdjake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,

NO CAKE PICTURES????

With those white hood vents YOU'D be totally safe.

I think Jason already gets it considering he MENTIONS TEXAS going by a few feet from the door at 50MPH and not yielding to emergency vehicles.

I'd say he completely understands what happens out there.

No need to add anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,

NO CAKE PICTURES????

With those white hood vents YOU'D be totally safe.

I think Jason already gets it considering he MENTIONS the ASSHOLES in TEXAS going by a few feet from the door at 50MPH and not yielding to emergency vehicles.

I'd say he completely understands what happens out there.

No need to add anything.

Austin drivers are not a fair representation of the entire state, most drive like idiots anyhow. I stay far away from the area this wreck occurred. I despise it so much that I take the toll road around Austin. Oh and if you think that getting out of your car is bad check out what happened in front of me on my way to work this AM. Jason called me several times thinking It was me and my car that were in a wreck. No wreck here but I did see this coming straight at me.

Small plane makes emergency landing | KXAN.com

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep....I know what you mean...I'm sure Texas is no different than any other state as far as people

That plane coming at you must have been unbelievable....You must have asked yourself if it was REALLY happening. WILD.

Nah not really I was just wondering if she was going to pay the toll, I mean its 2.19 for my trip she should have to pay a little more.

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like I missed a few exchanges :D

Maybe it's something that comes with a bigger city, or maybe it's a regional thing, but I grew up in a smaller town in Missouri and EVERYONE gets over when they see flashing lights. I've taken defensive driving a time or two and driving that close to a stopped emergency vehicle at those speeds will get you a ticket (if they chase you down).

I was the 4th vehicle in line (emergency vehicle, the truck the Viper hit, the Viper, then me) but was on an elevated road (the Upper Deck for you Austinites) with barely any shoulder. I was shocked at how few people got over. I waited a few minutes then when I realized no one got over, I waited for slower moving traffic so it'd hurt less when I got hit :) I spoke with Mike for maybe 20-30 seconds then went on my way. It was pouring and he didn't need to get his interior damaged talking to my stupid ass! I just wanted to offer a lift and if I wasn't needed, get out of there.

I just read fdjake's other post, so I'm all caught up. Makes sense. I've seen plenty of YouTube videos of what happens when you're pulled over, but I guess my bleeding heart overcame my common sense! Glad all are safe!

ACPERFORMANCE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All I can say is that would never have happened here in Murrieta. Thats a tell tale sign you shoulda stayed here my friend.

If there's anything that insurance doesn't cover let me know. If I dont have it ill get the part for you my cost. If I do have it and you need it, ill donate it to the "**** Daddy cause :)

Your friend,

Todd

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I think Jason already gets it considering he MENTIONS TEXAS going by a few feet from the door at 50MPH...

If Texas went by a few feet from the door at 50 MPH, he'd have bigger things to worry about than a crashed car...

...like Armageddon.

GoCanes1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is that would never have happened here in Murrieta. Thats a tell tale sign you shoulda stayed here my friend.

If there's anything that insurance doesn't cover let me know. If I dont have it ill get the part for you my cost. If I do have it and you need it, ill donate it to the "**** Daddy cause :)

Your friend,

Todd

Thanks Todd. Hopefully insurance will step up and cover everything and make her good as new. I should know a lot more today.

Mike

GoCanes1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any word Mike?

Not yet. I am not being very patient about it either. I have called the insurance guy and the body shop everyday and also stopped by the shop yesterday. The adjuster went to the shop on Wednesday but they shop had not removed the hood or bumper so he was supposedly going back today but I have not heard anything yet.

Rock Morgan

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Mike

Exact same thing happened to me yesterday in my 97 b/w. The guy I bought it from had kumho street/strip tires on the back and all my other Vipers have had pilots. Sunny when I left, then the shower popped up. I never had problems in the rain with the pilots, and that whats going back on the car. I did not hit anyone but I need a new bumper cover and right rear rim after sliding though the median.

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about everyone's troubles in the rain. Makes me glad I'm moving to Seattle, where it never does that...:rolleyes:

Side note: Anyone else think it's funny that the mods deleted several posts, but we can still read them where they've been quoted?

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about everyone's troubles in the rain. Makes me glad I'm moving to Seattle, where it never does that...:rolleyes:

Side note: Anyone else think it's funny that the mods deleted several posts, but we can still read them where they've been quoted?

I LIKE IT...makes me feel like I'm getting away with something...LIKE A SECRET.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala