Wrecked my GTS yesterday, need advice. PICS

Dv8tor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're ok. That must have been scary. Is it safe to say that if they fixed it that you'd probably sell it anyways? Might as well save some time and try to get it totalled.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charity begins at home. Get your car fixed, at their expense to whatever extent you can. They are both *** + ? Wah, Wah. That's your problem to worry about? Screw that. If the shoe was on the other foot, they'd be living in your house right now.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Diminished value is right. If that can be repaired it will be a tough sell. I had a brand new Vette that got tapped and had the fender replaced and I had to give it away when I tried to sell it. Somebody hears it's been hit...woah...Of course there were a glut of Vettes around at the time, which made matters worse. Why buy one with a "history" when there are ten in the paper without. Not comparing the value of a Viper to a Vette as obviously the Viper is much rarer, but still hard to sell depending on current market.

OP
OP

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to the adjuster at Hagerty. She was really nice, but said that they will only total a car if the repair is more then the stated value amount (in my case, $65k). I told her that if they didn't total the car then I didn't want it fixed. I would sell the car and pocket the insurance money. She said they were Ok with that as long as I took the car off the policy.

They said they can send an adjuster out or I could have the car towed to any shop of my choice and get an estimate. Anyone know of any body shops here in Miami that have done Vipers before?

Bill

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you're ok. I would think a 50 mph-0 mph hit would've shoved the back of the GTS up to your seat...

OP
OP

2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you're ok. I would think a 50 mph-0 mph hit would've shoved the back of the GTS up to your seat...

I saw the car coming in my rearview. I immediately took my foot off the brake. I think this softerned the impact alot. The hit pushed my car forward about 50 feet, even with the rear draging on the ground. I was able to steer it into the emergancy lane, thus avoiding hitting cars infront of me.

Bill

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Extremely sorry to see this happen to you. Frame in underneath photo appears to be bent. I'm sure once the back bumber and quarter panels are removed the damage is extensive. The repairs IMO should exceed the value. I hope they total it and payout so you can get another one.