Wrecked viper in Scottsdale

Black Mamba 47

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a wrecked Silver Viper on the on-ramp to the 101 and Scottsdale road while I was at the Barrett Jackson auction. Ouch! I felt so sorry for this gentleman. Hopefully he was OK.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't me. I was safe at home taking some new pictures in the driveway:

You must be registered for see images

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a guy from California in town for the auction and the Viper club event. I think his name is Ron and he is ok. The car is not.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the car is down at bill luke, hood is pretty bad. didnt get a close look at it.
there is also an 08 there that is red that was really bad. wrecked

AZViper08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****! I was at the local gathering and there were a couple silver Vipers in attendance. We all followed each other to the auction and I met one of the silver Viper owners. As does everyone, I sure hope the driver is ok. Do you remember seeing stripes? One had them, one didn't.

From my understanding, there was another Viper that wrecked on its way from California along I-10 to attend the meeting on Saturday. We were told the occupant(s) were ok.

OP
OP
B

Black Mamba 47

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were no stripes and it looked like there was to much preasure on the right foot while moving the ball and stick in his right hand.. Timing is everything. No other cars around.

AZViper08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RT/10 or GTS? Reason I ask is that I was having a real nice conversation with the owner of the only silver (non-stripe RT/10 that was there (to my knowledge). The man was uber-cool and hoping it wasn't him. It would be sad to see anyone go thru this, but it's sobering to think I was just talking with him and he was an "older" gentleman. I was telling my wife that I hope I'm half as vibrant when I'm his age. Very cool man.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The person you describe is from AZ and it was not him.

RT/10 or GTS? Reason I ask is that I was having a real nice conversation with the owner of the only silver (non-stripe RT/10 that was there (to my knowledge). The man was uber-cool and hoping it wasn't him. It would be sad to see anyone go thru this, but it's sobering to think I was just talking with him and he was an "older" gentleman. I was telling my wife that I hope I'm half as vibrant when I'm his age. Very cool man.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If so it was not part of the group that came over from california. they don't know about one on i-10

From my understanding, there was another Viper that wrecked on its way from California along I-10 to attend the meeting on Saturday. We were told the occupant(s) were ok.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually , I was at the Arizona VCA meeting at Lou Belanger's shop and we had some of the California folks there ----it sure sounded like it was one of their group, but Dan Everts will know for sure.

Sad deal as Eddie Martin ( great, great tech ) from Bill Luke ( Dodge Dealer ) thought it was likely a total.