Wrench in the TT plans...HELP NEEDED CALIFORNIA GUYS

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
California owners that have their cars TT'd....

Having a BIG problem right now, and I'm looking for your thoughts/information:

I am interested in getting into a TT Viper, I have the car lined up, but I just hit a HUGE snag....After talking to Dan Craign (great guy by the way), I found out that TT setups will not pass smog...tailpipe and/or visual (visual is the big one).

His words were, if the car would pass through the tailpipe, you'd have to find a shop that was "friendly" to pass the visual for you....

Thoughts guys? This is pretty important....obviously.....

Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wouldn't say.

Than again, I haven't done business with Dan and I don't expect him to give out names ;)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a big reason that so many California Vipers have Paxton systems. They have obtained a certification # for many years.

Dan has installed twin turbos before, and has had great success, but emissions is a big issue here.

Police are on to the "plates from other states" and pretty quickly get you into a bit more trouble than you would like. Harder to be clever than it used to be.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Zach, see if you can find So Cal VCA member "Niz". He might have some info about emissions.

Hey, did you know you are being quoted on the UsaGold website? Heh heh! I see a small quip from your market analysis in there almost every day!
:2tu:

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vic,

Great to see you!

Yea, I'm getting quoted all around these days...with gold at $1,000 and Crude up, they are looking for commentary.

PM me and I'll tell you more

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump....

Help needed, car in process and it should be here right after the first of May...

Please help guys!

Thanks

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to buy a 1/4 acre in Maine and register it there where there are no emissions laws. I hear Florida is good, too. :D

Oh if only it were that simple! Maine as well as Massachusettes follow California Emissions standards quite rigorously. I have the citation for operating a motor vehicle with missing or damaged emissions equipment to prove it!

Nick