Write-ups on Gen 2 Header Installs???

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I have searched and searched, but has anyone done a how to write up on installing a set of headers on a Gen 2?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
search vipertony, he has installed them too many times to count on his car. pretty sure he did a write up on it. it in his engine build thread im sure

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's pretty straight forward install. What brand headers are you installing? I think the torque specs is the only thing you would need info on...

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, it's a pretty straight forward setup, nothing too odd. I've installed both B&B's and Belangers, nothing to really cry about on either. If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call.

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joe, it's a pretty straight forward setup, nothing too odd. I've installed both B&B's and Belangers, nothing to really cry about on either. If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call.

Thanks again man! I am just wanting to see if I have to remove the starter like the directions say that came with the headers (Edelbrock). It's nice to see the write up before you really hammer one out just to save any time that might get wasted from a lack of knowledge.

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's pretty straight forward install. What brand headers are you installing? I think the torque specs is the only thing you would need info on...

Edelbrock, I think the torque specs came in the directions.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't remove the starter, but I did disconnect the power supply from the starter after I got a couple of sparks when the header that I was removing accidentally got too close to it. :2tu:

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didn't remove the starter, but I did disconnect the power supply from the starter after I got a couple of sparks when the header that I was removing accidentally got too close to it. :2tu:

I hear ya man, lol! I was changing the the oil out on an old s-10 one time and did the screw driver remove way (punch a hole through it and turn because the previous owner put the filter on way way way to tight; I touched the starter and a ground a couple times and got lots of sparks, so when I seen in the install directions to disconnect battery the first thing I did was start taking off that driver side rear tire...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_