Wrong bolt pattern

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an 06 300C with 22 Forger Wheels, and Toyo tires. Took it to a reputable wheel and tire shop for road force balancing.(Had a minor imbalance in the steering wheel at about 65 mph). He called me back and said that it had the wrong bolt pattern on it. I had the wheels put on at the dealer when I bought the car. The tire shop said that the wheels on the car are 5 on 114.3mm, and the true specs of the car say it should have 5 on 115mm. He said the wheels that are on the car will not seat properly, and I need to change the wheels to the correct "bolt pattern". He's not trying to sell me wheels, he said go back to the dealer and get this corrected as they sold me the wrong wheels. Well, the dealer service manager says, "that's a bunch of crap, as ALL wheels can be a mm off, and there is no such thing as this being the wrong bolt pattern." Have any of you ever heard of this? I have the local wheel and tire guy calling the manufacturer of the wheels to "make a case" for me. Let me know if any of you have knowledge in this area. Thanks in advance.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This Is Not Desirable, But Not Terminal Either. I Would Not Accept This. You Have A 115 Car....

You Have To Make Up One Half Of The .77 Mm Of Lugnut Slop To Fix This.

If You Can Find Access To The Tapered, Moveable-seat Pcd Lugnuts That Can Fix This Minor Problem. They Are Available...but Its A Jury-rig

iF YOU MOUNT THE WHEELS WITH THE CAR OFF THE GROUND, AND TORQUE EACH NUT METICULOUSLY SLOWLY TO ENSURE HUB-CENTRICITY, YOU COULD FIGHT THE BALANCE ISSUES.

BUT SOMEONE SOLD YOU TH WRONG WHEELS.... {DOES THE BRAND BEGIN WITH AN i ?]

This Is

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Jon B.......I appreciated you calling me directly on this issue. I am fighting with the dealer about this and I WILL get the proper wheels on the car!!! You spend that much money, you should have the correct bolt pattern.....AND PROPER safety!!! Jon B....your the best......Thanks again.....

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottom line is that it's a safety issue, wheels are one thing you should'nt screw around with. Hammer that dealer! Call customer service and explain to them that the dealer has placed the incorrect wheels on your car and is refusing to correct the safety issue. Explain to them that the dealer feels that the manufacturer knows nothing about safety and they are the true representative of Dodge safety requirements. See what they have to say! This is right out of the Viper factory service manual, I'm sure the 300 is the same............"If a replacement wheel is obtained through a source other than the dealer, the wheel must be equivalent in load carrying capacity. The physical dimensions (diameter, width, offset, and bolt circle) of the wheel must also be the same as the original wheel."

Though you did obtain the car from the dealer they obviously purchased the wheels from an outside source. Violating the factory policy on wheel specifications. Clearly, it does'nt take a brain surgeon to figure out that aside from vibration and the resultant suspension component wear, the wheels are not seating properly. Wheels that are'nt seated fall off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang