wrong front track spec.!!!!!!!!

carlv12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello from Spain,

during my last technical inspection here in Valencia, Spain, a big specification mistake was discovered on my 2004 Dodge Viper SRT10, VIN 4V100816:

front track is 61.6" and not 57.8" like the official document tells. rear track is always and everywhere correct.

I have searched and found that lots of specifications are wrong:

2004 Dodge Viper | Specs

2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Convertible

Here it is correct:
2004 Dodge Viper - Specs

Fullsize Page 6 of Dodge Viper InfoSheet 2007

How could this happen? In Spain this difference of almost 4" makes the car NOT street legal!!!! Because for the authorities I have now a car that has an almost 4" wider front track than it should!!!!!!

Please, SRT10 drivers, check front track and tell me. I hope all know that to get the dimension you must go from the outer side of one wheel to the inner side of the other. Unfortunately onlu an offical answer from DODGE could help me!

Thank you
Carlos

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>front track is 61.6" and not 57.8" like the official document tells.<<<

typing error? what official document?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you should send a PM to Ralph Gilles, CEO of Dodge Brands. His screen name is vooodoo. Maybe he can send you an official letter from Dodge correcting the track specification.

OP
OP
C

carlv12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the answers - I am hapy that other people now seet hat the front track is wrong even on the dodge website:

Dodge - Compare Vehicle and Model Specifications - Highlights

But how can I contact Dodge USA? I have tried to find an e-mail address, but impossible. Only the e-mail direct windowopens, but with a zip outside USA you cannot fill in the e-amil... Oh my god!!!!!!!! How difficult!!!
I hope you can help me getting this official statemnet that says that front track of MY CAR with VIN is NOT 57.8", but 61.6"

Thank you and best regards from Spain
Carlos