X-metal TB and K&N PERFORMANCE AIR INTAKE KIT

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it really worth putting on? Pro’s con’s….any info would be great

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got XMetal TB, Gary from XMetal :) was very helpful setting one up for me to make sure that it does not hang. Car is a bit livelier, it is also supposed to add 5-12HP, but I didn't dyno my car yet.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a serach, probably 2 or 3 long threads on the X-metal (and other's TB) and I'm sure as many on the K&N.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need a K&N setup for a gen IV, I have an extra one I'd like to sell.

Comes with the cold airbox, filters aluminum tubes, and water shedding pre filters.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The BBK has been said to now have a new linkage nd had a great review from a VCA member recently, who has tried the previous bbk and x metal on his srt10.

Im buying the new BBK!

As far as the x metal and KN are concerned. You'll dyno an honest 10 PLUS rwhp..

Say your at 442 rwhp now stock. Well this should put you in the 452-455 rwhp range..

While your at it go to any muffler shop and have them cut out your cats and add straight pipes. This only cost 250-400$ depending on who you have do it and you'll gain an honest 20 rwhp..

Do the x-metal..KN...Cats delte and you hit an honest 470 rwhp...30 PLUS rwhp for roughly $1000 isnt bad

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
K&N - worth it as no downside.

XMetal in my opinion - not worth it as there are minor issues such as intermittent idle hang and minimal improvement.

I'm assuming this is a Gen 3 as there is no throttle bodies available for the Gen 4.

OP
OP
W

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great info….and I do appreciate every ones honest opion…

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right now I am leaning towards the new BBK. New and improved. I installed it seems much better than the single blade which I also have. The X-Metal worked fine but, I think this new BBK is better. Racing WED night. will post after and let you know how it did on the dragstrip.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow...Canyon707 loves the strip!!! Great news...Cant wait to see..BTW how much lighter is your new CF hood then stock?

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow...Canyon707 loves the strip!!! Great news...Cant wait to see..BTW how much lighter is your new CF hood then stock?
For sure the car runs better with the new TB as for the weight maybe 10 to 20 lbs really not much different but, lighter for sure.