Yellow console set for 05 yellow srt.

phoenix1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a yellow console and pictures or refer me to an old post that might answer my questions? If so, how's the quality, fit, and finish? How well does it match the yellow exterior? Any opinion on whether it looks a bite gaudy,as my other option would be a black piano finish. Where's the best place to buy?

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
paint it yourself....
easy:

-clean with degreaser.
-2x coats primer.
-sand with finest paper
-3xcoats paint
-2x coats clearcoat.

total cost: $ 50
total time 40 minutes.

cheers mate.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Zorro,

Would that be regular primer or the flexible one?
Thanks
Larry

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to have my stock console, both the upper and lower part painted yellow in about 2 weeks. I will have a body shop do it.

flexcalibur

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dumb question, but.... does the cig. lighter cover pop off so it can be painted too?

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you can buy that exact piece. i was going to om mine, but then i thought it was way over kill. its pretty damn expensive to for some plastic.

I forget the girls name at woodehouse that takes care of all that stuff. call bill pemberton at woodehouse dodge and he will tell you the girl to speak to if you want to order one.

hey zorro, i wouldnt let you near my car with a can of spray paint, but i guess some people see grafiti as an art.

Larry, I like you more and more.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Hi Zorro,

Would that be regular primer or the flexible one?
Thanks
Larry

I've only used regular, can only attest to that. But it works wonderfully!!

Just make sure you know how to spray... "push-swing-off" and back the other way... NEVER leave spray on one spot...

Practice with the Primer, any mistake can be sanded.

Cheers!

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what it looks like in the VCA SRT-10's:

You must be registered for see images

That looks great. I never knew the Yellow VCA came with it a yellow dash. I plan to do the same and somehow take out the cig lighter and have it painted also. I love the yellow stitching, its a shame i can't have that too!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It also comes in silver. Looks like aluminum. The comm. edition had it stock. Don't paint it yourself. The original stock piece is like vinyl. The colored yellow, silver or red are hard plastic that look like metal. Won't look the same.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Chuck Tator 914.763.3136 He offers a VCA discount on Dodge parts. Woodhouse (Ask for Nancy Shanno) and I bet JonB can get them too. There are two pieces upper and lower console, you will need both to get this look. I don't remeber the exact price but I do remember that unlike other Viper Taxed items this was not too bad. I believe they also come in red, blue, silver, and I have seen a carbon fiber or carbon fiber look alike that's nice too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960