YELLOW FEVER Strikes JonB !!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I've had Dengue Fever and survived, but now guys like Clark, Sam, Abel, Ron, Rob, have passed this Yellow Fever pathogen on to me via TX-VCA's Paul Bilberry.

I just took delivery of a new Yellow ACR, delivered by Bobby Archer an hour ago. My 4th Viper purchase, but equally exciting in many ways as the 1st.

I've helped 150+ folks consider, find and buy a Viper since 1993, but the very best deals I somehow let slip away and always regretted it. But What Goes Around Comes Around......so Huge thanks to Paul B for calling me on this 89-mile, MSO Viper, new at Big Country Dodge near Abiliene TX. And Jay Hansen there for concluding the deal painlessly and politely.

Paul initially wanted advice, and promised that if he decided to pass, (he has a very-tweaked ACR already and a Lambo and more..) he'd lock the car for me. Not only did he snag it, but took it to a local detailer on Big Country's dime, and had it flawlessly detailed. (It was cosmetically 'neglected' for several months and had 5-layers of Texas Dust everywhere...) Then he sent me a BATCH of pictures to cement my (easy) decision. THANKS PAUL B !

Thanks to both Bill P. at Woodhouse and Eric Lee at Latham who have been looking for several months....and validated the great deal I received. Woodhouse even offered me their reasonable delivery services on THIS car. Amazing.

Now the fever: Yellow logo carpets, yellow harness pads from Clark, black logos, yellow hood pad, yellow strobe lites for Pace Car work.....yelloyelloyelloyello..gottagetyellower....

I would welcome your private E-mails with suggested initial DSI shock settings for roadcourse work. My 96 GTS works better right now, than do stock ACR settings.

Oh, yes, and to my dear wife Brenda. Me a new Birthday present, and her corvette relegated to the carport. THANKS SWEE-DEE!

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, she's a beaut!

Man was it fun driving that ACR! I did my best to keep it off the curbs while driving it to and from the dealership! (BTW, those ACR's handle quite well in the median!)

I never could find the rev limiter though.. I quit looking at 7,200 RPM. That is the proper break-in procedure isn't it?
laugh.gif

Congrats Jon. I know you'll enjoy it....

Here are some pics of it.....

You must be registered for see images

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow? Yellow? I'm trying to visualize what this is going to look like being dragged around by a blue Indy Ram with blue open trailer!!!!!
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Congrats bud. Glad to see us Texans could help out. Did Paul check it out to make SURE that no Texas fire ants hitched a ride up there??? They miss you......
yesnod.gif

Can't wait to see it all decked out at VOI in Nashville!!!

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Mr JonB. Thank you also for providing us a valuable alternative place for parts, question and answer help.
Best Regards Alan

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jon,
congrats.. read my signature. and just paint everything possible
yellow...
look forward to painting my radio benzel too.

enjoy yellow fever
prideandjoy.jpg

fireextinguisher0002.jpg

congrats
JIM
smile.gif

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,
Congrats, but I can't believe you still have the stock exhaust on that thing.

I'm looking forward to those 'Yellow Fever' specials on parts for fellow yellow vipers!

--- Ken

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOOKS GREAT JonB! Let me know if you need someone to help you with pacecar duty again.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lidquidsilver:
what is the thing marked rt-10 ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

fire extinguisher

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB!!!!!

CONGRATS...
bounce.gif

Beeeeeeeeautiful car...and may I extend a personal welcome to the "Yellow Fever" club.
Now...start the mods
smile.gif

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Jon, forgot to mention this when we were talking on the phone.

Congrats! And welcome to the Yellow Fever Club!!!

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB,
Best of luck and enjoy.
Please post more pictures when your car is finished.

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations Jon!
bounce.gif

Yellow would be the only other color that I would want (other than Red).
laugh.gif

I've got some pics of a Yellow GTS with White Stripe (Marcus from KC). It's a great combination too. I'll post them as soon as I can dig out the disc.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rich Detert:
Congratulations Jon!
bounce.gif

Yellow would be the only other color that I would want (other than Red).
laugh.gif

I've got some pics of a Yellow GTS with White Stripe (Marcus from KC). It's a great combination too. I'll post them as soon as I can dig out the disc.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HA Rich you and me both yellow was my next choice.

Congrats John.

OP
OP
J

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I already have the brake-ducted, air-dam-facia-splitter combo from AutoForm. And EBC rotors and pads X 4

Next, Official Pace Car graphics, flags, etc, from Cody ***** Signs, and PIR-graphics. And a Strobe Lite package.

Then Corsa 3" + HF cats to be sure no 'Golden' sidesills.

Chrome Wheels because I have a beautiful set (I dont care for and prefer to 'protect' the ACR wheels.)

Black graphics package to match ACR black decals.

So, PLEASE buy something to help my car-ported wife pay for these things? THANK YOU ALL ! In a big way, you made this possible !!!

Godsil Performance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Jon. I can't wait to see it around town. You should consider Silver stripes. I have not seen this yet but I think it would look really good.