YELLOW FEVER STRIKES! VCA EDITION SRT-10 VIPER!

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that really *****, :mad: :mad: :mad: that's really putting it to us VCA members, that can't always make it to everything. I doubt if I'll ever renew again. Don't like being screw-----dd :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: my .02

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope that these special Vipers are in addition to the regular VCA Viper raffle.
For the majority of us to enjoy who unfortunately cannot make it out to Texas to join the festivities, and buy a special Viper.

I actually like the idea that the VCA can work together with D/C to build factory-specialty Vipers. :laugh:
I just don't want it to replace the special VCA Raffle cars. :eek:

Any chance of having the next VCA special editions being 50 twin-turbo SRT-10 Vipers? Available only to VCA members of course. :cool: (with one being raffled off)
THAT is something that I would get really excited about! :2tu:

-Dean.

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Snakester.

I think this program creates a rift within the VCA community. Those who can pony up the time and money to attend VOI receive benefits not granted to the membership at large.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BFD, a jacked up price for a run of the mill car. Put special running gear in one then it will be special. Any one with a paint booth make a bumble bee.

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad that the VCA is making this available. If they didn't do anything in the way of special promotions, they would hear complaints. When they do a special promotion, they get complaints. They can't seem to win either way.

Thanks VCA for doing what you do to make our club successful! I for one appreciate it.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BFD, a jacked up price for a run of the mill car. Put special running gear in one then it will be special. Any one with a paint booth make a bumble bee.

I agree with TacDoc. Had a loooooooong talk with the Misses, ( yes this is a two headed snake!) we will wait.... for a coupe!! ;)

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suprised no one metioned it yet.

There is a yellow SRT-10 not with the silly black hood but all yellow in 2fast 2furious that came out a long time ago
Must have been custom painted. oh yeah also had the normal chrome wheels

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the 2 fast and 2 furious cars were preprduction cars that DC lent to the movie production and were painted yellow at the movie companies expense from what i have heard

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you can see from my previous post, I don't consider this a "VCA" offer. But, it is a pretty special door prize for those attending VOI8 (think of the odds).

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So VCA is going to raffle off the right to buy one of these cars for about $90k.

Tell me, how many VCA members would be in a position to take advantage of this deal?

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
joe117,

It's not a raffle per say (as VCA does not benefit financial from the sale of these Snakes).... it's just a drawing for the opportunity to purchase these unique beasts.

MUCH better avenue than handing them out randomly to dealers who might "EBAY" 'em to the highest bidder.

AND, ONLY VCA members have the opportunity to enter!

Thanks Dodge!

...by the way, there will be another raffle, but NOT for one of the Yellow Fever cars! Stay tuned for details REAL SOON!

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I bought a brand new 2002 red GTS/ACR (last year 2003) and won a 2004 yellow VCA SRT-10 (from last year raffle) and I love both cars. I cannot afford to buy another one so I will pass on this one. Good luck to everyone.
Trinh Thai

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trinh, congrats on your double viper status, but you aren't gonna get any sympathy about not being able to afford a 3RD Viper :eek:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Tomer
PS I wish I had that dilemma...

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put my name in for the special yellow. Not sure if i really want to add another car to my garage right now. If my name is picked i would be willing to pick it up in Texas when i'm there. If someone who isn't going and can't get in the drawing Let me know. I don't want to make any money, just don't think its quite fair to the Members who can't go! Its a long shot anyways. ;)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know the invoice?

In a nutshell, no. Best estimates are around $81K for invoice, including the gas guzzler tax. I suspect they will release that information to the dealers soon, as well as build dates and the VON's (Vehicle Order Number). Currently the cars are scheduled to be in the order system the week of July 12 and the VON's will follow shortly after that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4