YES!!! 5 months left...

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, getting married August 31st, honeymoon till the 10th of Sept. After that, its viper buying time!! WOOOHOO!! getting closer...

Insurance quote - 80$ a month. I think I can swing it LOL

160 days and counting...

MadMaxx

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
see, I got mine before the marriage, that way she can't pull some last minute "well, we really need a house/bigger family car/new roof/new baby room instead of a fast car.. blah blah blah..

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by USAF BAD ASP:
see, I got mine before the marriage, that way she can't pull some last minute "well, we really need a house/bigger family car/new roof/new baby room instead of a fast car.. blah blah blah..

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto....actually postponing marriage until viper is here for that very reason.

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've already gotten all that crap out of the way hehe... she has her car and all the yard stuff done, I get my toy. Part of the deal is that my 70 barracuda and road runner get sold (man.. need to update my profile!) for space reasons. Fine by me! Hehe

Honeymoon was a PITA... cut 8K out of my funds Grrr...

MadMaxx

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck on your first. I've been there done that
laugh.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$80 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pissed.gif

I pay $460 a month for full coverage! Progressive Insurance. $80 bucks!?

I was just married for the 1st time too! Congradulations!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:

I pay $460 a month for full coverage! Progressive Insurance.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does the mailman tell you to bend over every time he brings that bill???

man are you getting screwed

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to spend 10 days in Jamacia living it up.. should be fun!!

It's actualy 500$ every 6, so thats like 83.5$ a month. Through USAA (military insurance) for full coverage (500 deduct) and 10K anual milage. Progressive ***** man... I avoild them like the plague. There original quote to me was 2500$ every 6 (I laughed at them, litterlaly).

MadMaxx

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
State Farm is not the way to go. Having lawyers in the family I have heard many, many horror stories about the way they treat their customers (very, very long story here: http://graham.main.nc.us/~bhammel/INSDOCS/sfphnxntms.html but it is not the only one I've heard) Most average drivers don't know that Progressive is Nationwide's High Risk carrier (Like Colonial Penn is ?State Farms?) so their rates are almost always higher than NatW. Their reputation is only based off of the MASSIVE Ad campaign they have running, though I admit its not a bad rep. I'm sticking with NatW because they are the only ones that uphold their "return to original condition" promise. State Farm is only doing that right now because a NJ court is forcing them to, but that won't hold for long. Once the suit is settled the "Good Neighbor" will go back to its practice of repairing your car with the cheapest available part regardless of quality. Of course my cars are valuable to me (not implying anything there) so I'm sure that makes me really biased.

Of course that's my $.02

SnakeBolt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't know about that....i have state farm where i live (i am 18 w/ 2 tickets to my name) and i have my quote for my 96 gts (COMING REAL SOON....YAY).....at 203.22 a month.....oh, and when my grandma wrecked her 95 ****** they had it fixed up beautfully at a not-so-cheap repair shop....and it looks good....also, no premium raises for me w/ my tickets......so, i like 'em....and i am not going to pay 300+ dollars a month for insurance when i can pay 200

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the State Farm comment can be applied to any Ins. company. Just depends on who you deal with. I pay $112 a month. I am only 25. I have had claims with State Farm. They have handled the claims flawlessly. I had my roof blown off about 2 years ago in a storm. They sent an adjuster and a check within a day. The roof was fixed with in 3 days of the storm. Total pay out of $6000. My rate never increased. Just my REAL $.02.
pissed.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eddie N:
INSURANCE rates are dependant on where you live...florida is dirt cheap compared to other parts of the country ($200 a month would equal $500 a month in NY).. NY, NJ, and CA have the highest rates..

trey,

i cannot believe you pay $460 a month!! i hope your kidding!!

- eddie -

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOT KIDING! AND TRUST ME, I'LL CALL EVERYONE IN THE BOOK BEFORE I PAY <u>ANYTHING</u>. I MYSELF, GET A SPEEDING TICKET EVERYTIME I TURN AROUND. I'VE BEEN REALLY GOOD ABOUT THE SPEEDING FOR QUITE SOME TIME THOUGH. BUT BEFORE, I'D RACE MYSELF AROUND TOWN.
laugh.gif
ALWAYS FORGETTING TO TURN ON MY V1 OR HAVING THE RADIO UP SO LOUD I COULDN'T HEAR IT GO OFF - TILL IT WAS TOO LATE. AND OF COURSE, BACK THEN, IT WAS NEVER MY FAULT, SO I'D ARGUE WITH EVERY SINGLE COP....AND THE CHARGES WOULD RACK UP EVERYTIME! (YOUNG & DUMB....PLAIN STUPID!!
pissed.gif
)

Shakin Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MadMaxx......I think the last 3 months of the year are the best to buy a car, especially in November or December. Your timing should be good on getting your Viper.

What year, model and color are you going for.

Good Luck, Shake

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really wanting a Green RT/10 (94 seems to be the most common).

When it gets closer to time, we may look into the 96 coupes since I will take her to work quite offen (A spirited 3 mile drive, but still nice).

I can't wait...

MadMaxx

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
INSURANCE rates are dependant on where you live...florida is dirt cheap compared to other parts of the country ($200 a month would equal $500 a month in NY).. NY, NJ, and CA have the highest rates..

trey,

i cannot believe you pay $460 a month!! i hope your kidding!!

- eddie -