Yesterday's cruise, lots of Vettes, no Vipers

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday\'s cruise, lots of Vettes, no Vipers

The C5s were running around the big parking lot like ants. Vipers are still rare. Even a few weeks ago when over 1100 cars were there, no Vipers (we rode the Harley yesterday..)

One C5 had a blue anodized Nitrous Express distribution log in the middle of it's manifold cover with lines running down to each port.. AND a big list of LPE mods all adding up to 400rwhp(?) and 500rwhp on his little bottle..

The one next to it had a Turbo Technology Twin Turbo kit on it. $9500 for the Stage II 600hp kit; -but that doesn't include new injectors, or that all important programming according to Turbo Tech's website.

Still, a very friendly price.. (sigh)

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Yesterday\'s cruise, lots of Vettes, no Vipers

Rich --

Those Vette mods are great and you know more about Vettes than most of us -- but isn't it great that the Vipers are so rare. Drove into T-Bird's in Troy yesterday and there were 8 Vette's there, including my Linginfelder buddy. But when I drove in they all rushed over to my car and wanted to see everything. Caused such a stir that customers came out of the restaurant and joined the crowd. Loved it when one of the Vette owners said "I always feel so good when I'm driving my car -- until I see a Viper, then I get depressed!". :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The cruise is at Baker's restaurant every Sunday afternoon across from Kensington Park's Milford Road entrance.

Get there about 2pm if you want to park with the cruisers.

I'm just whining about the Vette TTurbo kit price.. :(

:usa:

troybax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice to see some Michigander viper owners. I'm New to Forum (As you can see this is my first post) Although I've been reading it just about everyday for last couple months I'm trying to find out as much as I can about Vipers before I get one. Not in market quite yet. I'm going to finish the MI cruising season in my First Gen Firebird. Just noticed Hisserman is also from Troy MI. I go to T-Birds just about every Wednesday evening Sometimes I take my 68 Firebird but usually just to look at the other cars. I was there wed. but left early probably before you came. I've never seen another Viper up there so I guess If I see one chances are it will be Hisserman. Anyway just thought I would pipe in.

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Nice to see some Michigander viper owners. I'm New to Forum (As you can see this is my first post) Although I've been reading it just about everyday for last couple months I'm trying to find out as much as I can about Vipers before I get one. Not in market quite yet. I'm going to finish the MI cruising season in my First Gen Firebird. Just noticed Hisserman is also from Troy MI. I go to T-Birds just about every Wednesday evening Sometimes I take my 68 Firebird but usually just to look at the other cars. I was there wed. but left early probably before you came. I've never seen another Viper up there so I guess If I see one chances are it will be Hisserman. Anyway just thought I would pipe in.

Ditto, except i'm relegated to my supercharged 1995 Mustang Cobra and we all need to see one of those like a hole in the head. Regardless it looks like it's about 2 or 3 years old and has a few tasteful mods on the outside. Engine-wise its got a little over 40K miles on the Vortec'd engine and running as strong as ever.

I'm in Brighton so I'll have to stop by and check things out sometime. I REALLY need to see a Sapphire Blue 01 GTS in person as that is what I'd like to pick up in the next few years.

Yesterday was a great day for car spotting as I saw my second Ford GT (the $125,000 GT), 2 AC Cobra kit cars, and a Bumble-Bee Viper which turned into a sub about a mile from me.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Motor City Viper Owners Chapter of VCA is going to cruise-in at T-Bird's in Troy on June 16th. Come on by . . . :2tu: :cool: :2tu:

OP
OP
F

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No kidding, it'd be nice to give a new Ford GT a spanking :)